Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy and sad..


Just a short entry here. Gotta take shower before picking up boys later.

So many things to do even though i'm in confinement. Massage lah [dislike the stomach binding and the oily body thereafter but enjoy the rest], shower lah lol, eat lah :P [yeah, these 2 have became a chore to me but only applicable for this month ONLY],
send and pick up boys lah, entertain guests lah and most troublesome but enjoyable of all, breastfeeding :D [the best way to bond with baby].

Anyway, i'm feeling the above [tittle] right now. Sad and disappointed because my mom isn't coming afterall this weekend. I called and called since last week, almost daily to find out if she was coming. Just when she was going to buy the bus tix yesterday, she sprained her back? Hence, not able to come. She didn't even have the courtesy to call me to inform. I actually called mom more than 3 times yesterday just to ask if she has bought the tix. I got to know about it when i sms my sis [who went back to KL from Taiwan to visit last week till next] to ask at 10.30pm after feeling fed up of calling home. I was really really looking forward to her arrival since day 1 after i was discharged, marking cross on every date that has passed, waiting for the day which have been circled almost 2 weeks ago. Sigh.

But you know what? I'm suspecting something else that held her back, not the backache. When i told hb the news, hb smells something fishy too and of course, we didn't discuss further on the topic. Aih.. I can't help but feel very very disappointed. After what i've done and what i've planned to do when she's here.. i feel so upset, so very upset that i made myself a promise to never call back again :(

However, i'm also feeling really happy and blissed at the same time. Weird? :P Happy because my hb's family and relatives really show their love and concern for me. Parents in laws have been buying the best chinese herbs for me nurse back my health and also been doing marketing every week twice. Furthermore, they have been visiting daily when i was in hospital and after discharged, they came to visit every Saturday which really surprised me because my dad in law simply isn't that sort of man. Not forgetting my sisters in law as well who have done so much for me when i really need them.

Besides that, hb's relatives also came to visit, be it at the hospital or my house after my discharge. Those who couldn't make it, they sent gifts and such. I'm really touched. Even though my family isn't here, they never fail to make me feel at home and constantly shower me with love and care. I'm extremely glad to have them as part of my family :)

Opps, think i got carried away. Was supposed to be a short entry but guess not :P


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherie,

At this stage you will be very emotional and needs many loves by the close one... I gone thru the same like you during my confinement recently but once you look at your newborn.. all these emotional will gone...

Just forgive those who can't help or can't visit you, this will make you better.

Take Care.

^cherie said...

Dear anon,

Thank you for dropping a note to help cheer me up. Appreciate that :)

I'm disappointed because mom wasn't being honest with me. If she is, i wouldn't feel this strongly as i understand that she would like to spend time with my sister fr Taiwan as well.

Anyway, as suspected, i've already called home. Lol. Things are good again. Mothers and daughters can never be loggerheads for long aye? Guess i was really emotional when i typed this entry of mine, hence such angry note :P

Again, thanks ;)

Unknown said...

Sherie, seems like you've gone through a 'small' emotional roller-coaster? Could be due to hormonal changes? But glad to hear that things are good again. Take care during this period okay? 'Virtual' support for you from here :)

^cherie said...

Thanks Angie. U are always so sweet to me =)

Uh huh.. i think most prob is the hormones (excuses! :P) and i really hope i wont get Post Natal Depression (PND) in the days to come *fingers cross*

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherie,

Good to hear that you are feeling better... don't over stress yourself, pass some of your responsibilites to others (eg. hubby or maid)... Get fully rested and be a happy mom..

Take Care

regards

^cherie said...

Dear anon,

Already did that lol (the responsibilities part)! :P

Thanks again for your concern ;)