Tuesday, December 27, 2005

First entry

Finally, a blog on my own after so long. Always wanted to blog but am afraid of the time that i'll be spending on the PC, thus, the hesitation. With 2 kids, time is precious! *lol* Hmm, wondering if i can add emoticons to this? It'll be so much more adorable :P

X'mas had just passed. Gosh, time flies! And last week, i was so looking forward to it. Somehow, it didn't quite feel like X'mas afterall? Ahh, it has to be the lacked of radio in the house - got spoilt by the 2 terrorists. So no X'mas songs etc although there is a X'mas tree (hands-me-down from my in laws- will get a new one when i'm more loaded together with fab decos. Meanwhile, just bear with it :P) standing tall next to the TV cabinet with at least 20 pressies under it. Hee hee .. But now, it's all empty. Opened them on Sunday night after our feast, cooked by me and Adam (Mindy's American bf). Er, Mindy is my youngest sister in law btw :) And yupss, her bf can cook and he cooks darn well too! ;)

This Christmas is one of my most memorable Christmas in my entire life, apart from my school days' Chrismas (u know what i'm talking about girls, if you're reading this *wink*). Why?

1. got my first ever Chrismas pressie from hb and boy, was i surprised or what! Hee.. Caught me offguard totally when i saw 4 extras pressies (2 for me and 1 for each boy) on Fri morning. Pssstt.. hb went on a secret shopping spree on thurs night when he told me he was going to office to work. What embarrassed most is that i actually went to him after he got back around midnight and sulked, complained that he was no good, up till today (after 6 years) i've never gotten a X'mas pressie from him bla bla bla..haha.. and hb, just looked at me and said, 'huh, that's it? Is that why you are so sad and down?' *kabish* He didn't even tell me then! So i just walked back to kids' room to zzz... and the next morning, taa-dah, surprise! I still didn't know who the santa was then. Hb kept saying 'cigarrette' = secret when i asked him about it. I thought it was from May but no. I smsed her to confirm. Then i even called my mil (mother in law) but she knows nothing about it. Last but not least, i thought it was from Mindy. I did suspect it was from hb but i thought, cant be! He'll never be that sweet right? *oppsss* Hee hee. Love you darling :*

2. My first home cooked X'mas dinner by Adam and i. Boy, it turned out gggrrreaat! *yummy* I love the roast turkey! Way much better than the turkey i ordered last year from Marina Mandarin Hotel which costs a bomb! It was moist and tender *phew* Must thank Adam for this. Hehe. As for the dessert, it was fantastic! Strawberry triffle with butter almond ice cream *slurrp*. I replaced the brandy with rum and the whipped cream with ice cream. What's too bad is that i don't have a clear glass to show off the art of my handiwork~ lol.

I know this is abit late, but what the heck..

Merry X'mas everyone!



Dinner - roast turkey and mashed potato topped with brown sauce made from turkey juice, cranberry sauce, sauteed festive vege (but i only took carrots and 1-2 zucchini) and sausage meat and cornbread stuffing. Not in the pic : sweet potato custard

Hands-me-down Christmas tree with lotsa pressies underneath plus 2 angels :P

Hb's Christmas pressie for me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the diamonds are beautiful!!! so envious...!

^cherie said...

Hehe.. thanks! I wished they are diamonds too lol. They are swarovski crystal but i still love them all the same