Saturday, December 31, 2005

NYE!


It's new year eve today! Time really flies don't they? It feels like yesterday when i first turned 19 years old and here i am, going to be 26 real soon and a mom to 2 lovely boys. Somehow, i cant quite accept the fact that i'm married and i'm a mother. I'm still very much a child myself. Hmmmm, is that why my boys find me fun to play with? But one thing for sure, i'm definitely not some typical mothers you see on the streets.. I know i cant quite connect/ communicate with mothers who talk about nothing but children :P I feel they are too obsessed with their children too much till they've neglected themselves. I was once like that too lol! But of course, there's no point telling them that coz they don't feel that way. What matters most is their happiness. "Happy mommy = happy kids". Just my .. I was like them when i had my first boy. For as long as i know, i cant help but talk about children, childcare, baby's food, enrichment classes, baby books etc only. When i go to malls, first section i'd go to is Children's dept. If you cant find me there, i would be at Household dept. Lol. I bought less than 5 pcs of clothes in that 1.5 year. Amazing isn't it? Bet hb would love to see me reverting to my old self..

I have now passed that phase. I think 'that phase' happens to most first time mothers. But after the second child comes along, it's a different story all together. Perhaps because after the first child, i feel i've sufficient knowledge and experience to not repeat what i've done before. Thus, the enthusiasm dipped. But then again, what is enough? Lol. It's really up the mother. To each her own i would say. However, that doesn't mean i love my second child or my children lesser now. Definitely not the case for me! :D


Alrighty, time for some new year resolutions ! :D


  • to lose weight lol.. that's like my every year resolution!
  • to be a better mother (psstt: i cannot be a better wife already ah, coz i'm already too good! Hahaha *thick skin*)
  • to master eye make up skill!
  • er, seriously, i cant think of anything else

What will i be doing today? Nothing much. Same old stuff. Will be watching Narnia tonight with hb. Wonder if we'll be able to catch the fireworks at Marina but i think most probably not :( But before that, we'll be having 'family dinner' at Burger King first :P

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! Hope next year would be a better year for you and me!

2 comments:

Panffy said...

Me too sweetie, really hope next year would be much much better...

^cherie said...

I'm sure it will dearie *huggies* ;)