Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Food poisoning


I seriously have no idea what happened to me lately! Just when things were better from all the sickness i got, i had food poisoning (my very first food poisoning) on Saturday night and lasted through Sunday.


Imagine how i panicked when i found out i had food poisoning given that i am currently pregnant. I really thought the bacteria would attack the baby and do something to it! I was praying and chanting, promising to God that if baby were to be ok and all healthy as per normal, i will never touch sashimi and salad till i birth..

Later i found out that the baby would be alright afterall because food poisoning is confined to my intestines only. Something upset my stomach, nothing to do with the baby. There's a barrier between me and the baby that keeps the baby safe and sound, unless i have the very severe case which thankfully, i did not.

Nevertheless, i am still keeping my word to God, that i will not be eating sashimi and salad anymore for the rest of this pregnancy to avoid another scare.

How did i get food poisoning?

I was happily bringing hb to my new found japanese restaurant armed with a $20 voucher courtesy from the restaurant when i gave my feedback sometime ago. That night, i had 3 pieces of salmon sashimi and salad. We suspect it was the salad the culprit because the sashimi was really fresh and hb had it as well. As for the salad, i was the only one eating it. The rest of the food, we both shared. So now, i am still thinking whether i should feedback to the restaurant on what happened to me.. hmm.

I think i should.

By the way, this newly opened Japanese restaurant (ok, not really newly opened la but still pretty new) is located at Wheelock Place, 3d floor.

2 comments:

Panffy said...

Haiyoooooooooooooooo... no more salad, sashimi or uncooked food for u!!!!!!!!!!!!

^cherie said...

Lol.. yeah! Lesson learnt..