Monday, December 11, 2006

My 1st bundt cake


The other day when Tangs was having 12% rebate, i decided to pop down to take a short skincare shopping spree as my products are running low.

Little did i know that i will actually come back with a bundt pan on top of what-i-was-supposed-to-buy :P

As most bakers who got their new toy, i couldn't wait to try the pan out. Hence, a coffee butter cake in bundt pan in making..


Coffee butter cake

Yummy yum~~


I love the shape of the cake lots. So pretty..

Really glad that the pan didn't give me any problems. Initially i was really worried that the cake might come out black, get stuck here and there or refuse to come out etc.

However, i do have 1 small headache though. The pan is slightly too big for my liking. The amount of batter used to fill the pan is equivalent to amount of batter used to fill in a 9" cake tin. Abit too big for my family to finish at 1 go for breakfast. I wonder if all bundt pans come in standard size?


If anyone sees a smaller bundt pan anywhere, please please, let me know yeah?

Thanks! :)

p.s: i'm so happy! Something happened yesterday but because of its uncertainty, i will only disclose the good news once everything is confirmed. Hopefully everything will go as planned :D


Coffee butter cake by Alex Goh

A -

275g butter
200g sugar ( i cut down to 160g)
230 flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of coffee paste

B - 5 eggs

C - 60g almond flakes

D - 1 tbsp rum

1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add coffee paste and rum.
2. Add in the eggs one by one till well mix.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder till well incorporated.
4. Lastly, pour the batter into a greased and lined 9" mould. Sprinkle with almonds.
5. Bake at 180 for 45 mins. Cover the top with aluminium foil half time if you wish to prevent browning.

Note: pardon me for the short and simply instructions. I usually copy my recipes in the shortest sentence possible :P


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherie, this coffee butter cake looks so good (I'm all for coffee in desserts, kekeke). Looks like you got a few new 'toys' recently *wink*
Phoon Huat does sell smaller bundt pans. I have one that is about 16cm in diameter.

^cherie said...

Thank you dearie.. I love this recipe tons! Greedy me love the strong aroma of coffee so i always empty the whole sachet of instant coffee in 2tbsp of water lol. Almost can taste the coffee.. :P

Plus, rum is also added. Definitely another plus plus point. Grin.

16cm? So cute!! Mine's like 25cm. Huge. Ok ok, i MUST check it out. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

No worries dear. In case you want to look at the shape/size of my pan, here's the link to the bread I baked using this pan

http://mykitchenmylaboratory.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-favourite.html

Happy hunting! :)

Amrita said...

hey cherie!great job! can u share the recipe

^cherie said...

Angie : Aww.. so cute! Hehee. I must get one too :P

Amrita : Thanks! Already edited my entry to add in the recipe. Happy trying ;)

Amrita said...

thanks very much dear!

^cherie said...

No prob ;)