Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weirdometer


Tagged by Imp, my 6s are..

1. I enjoy digging my kids' ears
Yes, i'm dead serious. Everytime i manage to take out the dirty bits (huge one esp), i experienced a surge of excitement washed over me, followed by an indescribable kind of pleasure. Hehe.

2. I wanna be somebody
Not superstar hor! :P
I wanna be someone, someone who does her bit in the community, or better still, for the world. I want to be an environmentalist. I wanna save the mother Earth from dying. I wanna save the Earth for the coming generations. I'm all for protecting animals as well.

3. I don't feel good spending others' money
Y'know, when i was still in the dating game donkey years ago, i will always, a-l-w-a-y-s order the cheapest item in the menu. Sometimes, i'll skip the main and just have the dessert or starter only. The same can be said for my parents' money as well. I don't feel good spending theirs even till today, i'll pay for everything whenever they are with me. As for hb's, *grin* the same also lah.. That's why till today, i still do not own a single branded item. I've got no Prada, Gucci or LV.

4. I dislike attention
I love dolling up but dislike attention. So what do i do? I'll do away with certain piece of jewellery that will stand out or change to a less attention grabbing or figure flattering top/ bottom or skip the gloss or eye liner and mascara. I like to feel beautiful, but not extremely beautiful till all eyes on me. Lol. Er, should i pass the sick bag around? :P

5. I'm terrified of mouse/rat but love hamsters
Show me a mouse/rat, and i'll scream on top of my voice non stop or i'll run faster than a jaguar/cheetah/leopard. But i love hamsters. I used to have them as pet when i was 12. When Bibi died, i cried the whole day and the next. All my 4 hammies were burried in my house's garden together, around the same spot. I even put joss sticks at the front of their 'cemetery'!

I used to bath them as well, once a week. I think that explains their short life span. Grin. Didn't know then. Kiki the mother was with me for a year and the her baby, Bibi also the same. I'd powdered them after every bath. On their monthly-birthday, they get to eat cakes which i bought from the bakery behind my house. They even feast on durians on good days! :P

6. I was a straight A's student but not a degree holder
Till today, i'm still quite 'disturbed' by this fact. Many found it weird why i didn't pursue my degree when i could. Let's just say.. it's fate that had it this way. And till today, i still get chided for being what i am today, a homemaker. Some.. even looked down on me. Sad huh?

I would love to tag Celest for this :P

Adding another one. So it's 7 instead of 6.

7. I am in love with the husband's brother
Shocked beyond words? I believe so.
Lol. Kidding.. kidding! The husband is the only son in the family! Heh.

5 comments:

imp said...

no.4 - aiyah, just go ahead and be beautiful! let them look! u are beautiful!

no.6 - never feel less than u should be. there's nothing wrong being a homemaker. let those who criticize first learn how to run a household with 3 children, neatly.

Unknown said...

Sherie,

No one should look down on hommakers. To me, you're Da Best!:) To be able to make personal sacrifices for the family is not something everyone can do, so kick the asses(pardon my language :p) of those who look down on you

^cherie said...

Imp, thank you thank you. lol.. cannot ah. Very shy person. Hahaha :P

Angie, aww.. the best? *blush* Thanks dear but i'm not, really! Miss reading your blog! Been busy to update more often huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh please....a person's success and achievements in life is not based on one's career or status. Those people are really very shallow. Ignore them.
Truth is many people admire you for being such a young mum with 3 lovely boys and running such a tight ship in your family.

^cherie said...

Hehe, thanks Agnes. Actually i don't really care what they say, as long as i'm happy and feeling life is truly fulfilling, i heck care what others say :P