Monday, October 30, 2006

Claypot chicken rice


Ta-dah!


Without flash

Okie, it's more like rice cooker chicken rice than claypot chicken rice since i used rice cooker instead of the traditional claypot. Grin.

I love love love claypot chicken rice! So does everyone else in the household, especially hb. I don't cook this often so if i do, it would be a pleasant treat for hb and the kids. The ones found outside at the hawker usually are not really up to our standard. However, we do have one fav place that we do go if we are really craving for an authentic one, which is located at Clementi. The bad news is, the waiting time could be more than an hour!

Hence, most of the time, i rather cook this dish myself at home. Save time, save money and definitely healthier and more hygenic.. ;)


With flash

Usually, i only cook this when i have all the ingredients needed -> chicken thighs, mushrooms, chinese sausage and last but not least, salted fish. If possible, i'll garnish it with spring onion.

Yummilicious!

p.s: gosh, i'm so gonna do this again this week. Looking at the pics now makes me crave for it already *thick skin me*!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherie, not only are you craving for the claypot rice, me too, looking at that yummylicious plate of rice!

^cherie said...

Thanks Angie! I cant wait to cook it again lol.. :P

Anonymous said...

i love this!!! especially the sausage and salted fish. you're a great cook!

^cherie said...

Grin, thanks!

Still improving myself everyday dearie.. Not there yet ;)

Gracio said...

THIS LOOKS GOODDDD!! GRacio's screaming!! throw some here!! :)

^cherie said...

Hehehe.. Thank you! *throwing some over to Grace* :P

Unknown said...

Hey Sherie, just wanna ask, when's your estimated delivery? I can't recall how many months you're into your pregnancy. I'm gonna miss your posts when you're on 'maternity leave'.

^cherie said...

Hi Angie,

My EDD is on Jan 10th. I'm into my 8 months now.

Yeah yeah, i will definitely miss reading your blog too and the rest as well.. But since it's gonna be my last baby, will really make sure i do my confinement properly :P

carolyn said...

Looks so delicious! I love claypot chicken rice.

bossacafez said...

such shiny grains of rice sherie! i love claypot rice too. yours really look good!

^cherie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
^cherie said...

Carolyn and evan : Thank you girls *blush* :P

Amrita said...

hi can u pls share the recipe...wanna try it !!! :D

^cherie said...

Hi amrita,

I didn't follow any recipe actually. I just anyhow cook based on my instinct.. Still want my 'agar' recipe?