Friday, October 27, 2006

Flaky yam paste and salted egg yolk pastries


Ok ok.. so, it was
supposed to be flaky pastry but it didn't turn out to be one :(


Looks edible but it's not :(

I sort of suspected it wouldn't be one before i bake them actually.. based on the recipe i got from Chef Chan's Dim Sum cook book bought by hb for me recently.

Yupyupyup.. that's right! Hb actually bought a cook book for me! Funny right? Never expected this from him but you know why?

It was because he wanted me to make him 'wu kok'!

That pppeeerrrggggg~~~

Anyway, to get flaky pastry, we usually have 2 types of dough right? But this recipe doesn't call for it. Oh well, to play safe, i'll try this again using hugbear's recipe from KC. Really prefer those recipes which have been tried and tested ;)

By the way, i threw most of the pastries above away because the crust was way too hard. Harder than biscuit! Imagine.. How to eat yeah? Wasted my effort in preparing the yam paste from scratch *sobs*

Was very disappointed because i was looking forward to eat it so much! :P

p.s: to my own astonishment, hb didn't only get 1 cook book for me recently, but another 2 more few days ago. Amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sad that i missed you online!

ps my colleague is saying that the top of my chocolate cupcake should rise properly and not crack up like "flower cake"!

pps do muffins creack open too?

pps i have pics to show you but they look horrible. grin!

have a wonderful wonderful weekend!

^cherie said...

Hmm.. muffins? I can't remember. It's been sometime since i baked them.

As for the cake, let me have a look at my pics again ya..

Ok, for cupcakes, they don't crack open but for bigger ones, they do leh.