Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Exhilarated


Why?

Because..

I'm getting this! :D


Honda Civic 1.8-litre VTi-S in Alabaster Silver Metallic.

I didn't dare to breathe a word about it before this even though i was overly excited and thrilled to bits fearing it will not be realised. Very 'malu' if that's really the case.

But now that it's almost confirmed (sekali plan aborts, i'm so gonna dig a hole and burry my head into it :P) , i decided to go ahead and tell. Can't keep it down anymore! Lol. Hb and father in law (fil) went for the test drive today and decided on this model.

Everything began last week when hb suddenly called in the afternoon even though i 'no friend' him and told me to go online to pick a car that i like. He said he's getting it for me as a Valentine's Day gift cum my 3rd pressie for giving him 3 children (yes, again! lol). My jaw almost dropped to the floor. All that 'no friend' nonsense vanished immediately. Lol.

Initially, the budget was around $40-50k. Told me to go for a car that is slightly smaller eg: Suzuki Swift, Mazda 2 SP, Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz etc. Suits me perfectly. I love small, cutie cars. Easier to drive, excellent for parking plus it's so my car, a lady's car.

Then, fil intervened but for a good reason. Grin. Said he would be getting it for me instead. Actually, fil already planned to get me one long ago, last year April to be exact but it didn't happen after some thought. So yeah, now it will be fil's gift for me instead. But..

It would not be a small car afterall.. It'll be a 1.6L car. It was either Mazda 3 or Honda Civic. We didn't want Toyota Altis even though fil suggested that as well. Hb is driving a Camry currently, so, no more Toyotas for us please :P

After the test drives on Mazda and Civic, Civic won even though the price is $20k more expensive than the Mazda. Plus it'll not be a 1.6 but a 1.8L. Hb can't help but feeling extremely jealous. Hahahaha. I'll be driving his dream car! But nice nice me will let him have the honour to be the first to drive my car when it arrives.. :P

Ahh..finally, i'll have a car to put all the cutie and girly stuffs! For the Camry, it was a no no since hb drives it most of the time. Men.. *roll eyes* Lol.

I love my in laws! :D

I'm feeling so very blessed.. in many ways.. and i'm grateful for that :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what wonderful news!! and the other car you were driving looked spanking new to me!!!

hehe... can't wait to sit in it!

^cherie said...

Eh? The other car? That car got scrapped last Sept, sometime ago already!

And we'll be keeping our current car, which u haven't seen before.. hehe.. This (civic), will be a new addition to 'our' family. Lol.

Unknown said...

Wah! Your in-laws are fantastic! A car as a pressie? I can only dream *grin*

^cherie said...

*blush* Yeah.. My in laws are really nice to me and i'm really lucky to have them as my family ;)

imp said...

lucky girl u!

have fun with the new car. drive safe. and your in-laws really pamper you loads.

^cherie said...

Hee, thanks imp :)

Actually, the car is mostly for me to be the driver to their grandsons.. lol.