Monday, February 05, 2007

My first 'comeback' :P


Yesterday was my newborn's full month celebration. Got it brought forward because the actual day falls on a weekday.

Despite being in confinement which i'm supposed to be fully rested on bed most of the time, i 'keh kiang' - stubbornly insisted on baking some cupcakes to liften up the normal full month party mood :P

Below are some of the cupcakes i made the day before. It was a real hard work. Back breaking one in fact but i think it's pretty worth it. Let's hope that a day's hard and back breaking work will not take a toll on my future's health as what my confinement nanny warned me before i started my 'venture'. In all, i made 60 of them and total hours spent including baking and cooling time -> 3.5 hours! Really not used to decorating / piping yet :P

My 2nd attempt on cupcakes, my first attempt on playing with colour on the icing. What's my cupcakes compare to the professional ones yeah? Anyway..
My cupcakes.. :)


With flash

Without flash


Didn't have the time to really take nice shots because the guests were 'pouring' in by the time i laid these cupcakes out. So, just anyhow snap snap snap 2-3 of it :D

Also realised the swirling design uses an awful lot of cream, goodness me.. so after i swirled 3, i decided to stop doing that design thinking that no one will wanna eat a cupcake with so much cream but boy, was i wrong or what! Lol.

I've got a couple of gfs who love the frosting so much that they suggested next time i should just dump the whole cream on the cakes and also a few uncles and aunties who specially choose the ones with the most cream on it :D

*whack*whack* back bone. Guess it's time to rest..

ps : the swirling design looks like cowdung, no? :PpppPPppppP

pps : maybe it's just me and my lousy piping skills lah yeah? Hehe..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your frosting not bad mah, I'm sure with each try it will just get better. I'm not one who likes frosted cupcakes, but I could do with one of the 'smiley face' cuppie *wink*

^cherie said...

HEhe, i'm not one who usually decorate my cakes because 1-save cost 2- save calories LOL! But i love frostings, yummy one that is :P

My piping skills hor, really lousy. No joke! I didn't even know buttercream will melt after holding it for too long and when the cream gets lesser during piping! That shows how amateur i am ya *blush*

Anonymous said...

i'm drooling as i look at the pics :p did the girls tell you i helped myself to not 1, but TWO cupcakes? hehe.

please do share the recipe and esp the cream!

^cherie said...

Lol.. we had MORE after u left dear. Carolyn had 3 and the rest, i didn't keep track :P

Sure thing, will share the recipe but the buttercream hor, i anyhow mix myself though lol.