Monday, September 24, 2007

Green curry


Another dish which i whipped up using the pre-mix, green curry :)



I am a person who get 'paiseh' if i don't buy something after trying them at the supermarkets. I don't feel very nice especially when the aunties are always so friendly.

So usually, whenever i see the aunties giving out samples at the supermarkets, i try avoiding them by taking another lane or simple just smile and shake my head.

These days, i notice that the aunties got clever. They no longer target at the adults. They go for the children instead! They'll go 'boy, boy... come, come.. try this one. Very nice. Auntie give" etc.. and the boys, needless to say.. sure turn to ask me if it's okay to try. Seeing their eager faces, how can i refuse right? ^.^

So yeah, in the end, i got a packet of green curry (i quite like it actually - spicy!). Uh huh, instead of getting something for the boys, i got it for myself. Heh.

Verdict : i like it. Easy to cook and pretty good to eat. However, instead of adding coconut milk, i added fresh milk and a bit of yogurt. And a couple of chili padi to spice it up more! ;)

2 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Hi..my 1st comment on yr blog:)
So true, whenever I see those promoters, I will make a de-tour to avoid them & yes! some are good at targeting the kids. My boy is trained to refuse politely...lol!
Btw...what brand is the pre-mix...looks yummy! I read 'spicy' !! Hmmm..I like!

^cherie said...

Hello. Welcome! :D

Beautiful blog you got there. Hope u don't mind me taking a peek. Grin.

Er, what brand ah? Lol.. That, i have to find out for you because i actually did this dish quite sometime ago! I'll let you know asap yeah? Paiseh!