Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mango lime cheesecake


I'm back again, unfortunately...

Wish the holiday was longer :(

I must say, this trip home was one of the best one i've ever had... mostly thanks to my childhood bestie's presence who is finally done with her medical studies. I really felt as though we were 17 again!

Didn't change one bit, at least i think both of us didn't. Heh. Still as goofy and talkative as ever (which i can be with certain clique of friends). Gosh.. :P

It has been sometime since i really talk to my gal pals over the phone except for my Sg's bestie of course. You know, ever since the SMS came about, and emails + MSN, i hardly talk on the phone anymore. Do you?

Initially, it did feel weird u know when my other bestie called and we started talking over the phone for more than half hour because these days, friends call up only to ask about stuff/meeting time/meeting point etc and that's it plus, the last time we phone hog was back in college or something!

But it is nice. I really miss those days... when there is no SMS and the only way we can communicate is by calling.

Anyway, i'm still in the midst of sorting out the photos which i took in KL. Will do my story tomorrow, i hope..

As for now, cake photo for you which i did before i went back :)


Mango lime cheesecake

Guess i don't have to say it was my first attempt anymore do i? Heh. I love trying new recipes. I will only repeat baking certain cakes which i think is good. Otherwise, it is new recipe all the time! :P

This cheesecake is pretty similar to my mango mousse cake actually. But we definitely prefer this one. Probably the lime added some zest to it and there was cheese too. All the better for us coz hb and i are cheese cake lover.

Gave a quarter to an old neighbour and boy, instead of her being pleasantly surprise, it turned out it was me in the end because the aunty actually got me a lovely cook book after she found out about my baking passion!

She actually got me "the cookie book" - the only cookie book you will ever need. So nice of her yeah? :D

And then, i also passed some to bestie who later served her friend who came visiting a small slice. And guess what? The friend wanna order the whole cake from me! Hehehe.. :P

No comments: