Saturday, September 01, 2007

Teacher's day cuppies


a HUGE hug and thank you to you who ordered :)

It was a sold out order! (but we had 4 ourselves as a reward which is a must! :P)

The design this time round was almost the same as some of the previous ones. Reason being is the design which i had in mind didn't work out! Boo-hoo..


A teeny weeny change for this one. Reminds me of lotus somehow, but don't ask me how even though it really doesn't look like a lotus!

The initial design involved drawing a heart shape in the middle with pink butter cream and then filling the hearts with 1001s colourful sugar balls. As for the side, it'll be stars and more stars with different colour.

After trying the design out on more than 4 cuppies, i realised that my imagined design will be just that, an imagined design. Heh.

It will not work out on the real cupcake especially if i'm using a pastel colour for drawing. The 1001s' colour are over powering!


Another not-much-change-design :P

However, i will not give up!

I will try again the next time round using a more vibrant colour. No more pastel!

Let's see if it works. If it doesn't, hehe.. then an imagined-design it will be.


A slight close-up shot of my cupcakes

Anyway, i love seeing the teachers' face when they received the cuppies! :P

It makes me happy seeing them so happy. So i guess the 7 hours of back breaking
labour were worth it after all. Yes, 7 hours or more all together! Baking, decorating and packaging...

Who says cake selling is a piece of cake?

If not for my passion, i wouldn't do it for sure!


A not-so-close-up photo of the cupcakes

For this sale, even though i mentioned i was gonna advertise it else where besides the blog, i ended up didn't. A bit shy ah! Hahaha.

Yes yes, shy! Imagine. I'm pretty good when it comes to selling and promoting stuff for others (i've done sales quite a fair bit during schooling time
-road shows mainly-) but when it is MY own stuff that i do it myself (selling my brand new unworn clothes not included!), i simply cannot. The face skin not thick enough. Grin.

But err, blogging doesn't count okay? I'm merely stating facts when i blog. Not good i'll tell you. Good i'll tell you too. After all, i started this blog for myself, when i'm old and needed to walk down the memory lane. Heh.



Last but not least, they are finally all dressed up and ready to go!

Some went to the teachers and some for customers' own consumption :)

Oh, to the still angry Primary 1 teacher who bought from me.. If you're ever gonna try giving me a $10 +/- tips again in the future, i will n.o.t take your order again even though i was as pleased as a er er.. what ah? *scratch head* Anyway, I'm very the serious hor!

Again, thank you all for buying and support! ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the successful bake sale!

Sh|m[|]n said...

Hey Sherie! Your cupcakes taste even better this time round.. =/.. Not tat it doesn't the previous time, but I find it superbly nice this time! Ahahaha.. My bf likes it very much too. =D

Your cupcakes are very well-decorated.. my bf's mum was thrilled over the deco! Haha. I'm glad that baking is ur passion, cos then, will I have nice cupcakes to eat! Yummy! ^_^

<3
Jasmine

Sh|m[|]n said...

Hey Sherie, my bf and his mum likes ur cuppies very much too. Cos they are not too sweet ( thus not gelat!). I love it too. I get addicted to it! Haha.

^cherie said...

Thank you Elyn! :)

Jasmine : Hahaha.. thank you dearie! You definitely made my day :D

Anonymous said...

i'm drooling ^_^

^cherie said...

Grin :P

Amrita said...

hey cherie

amrita here,....mind sharing where you got the lovely black containers?

^cherie said...

Amrita : I got them from StarNet.

lierre.empire said...

does the box cost exp??

^cherie said...

Er.. kinda forgot how much they cost already.