Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fried hokkien mee


I luurrveee fried hokkien mee, both Malaysia's and Singapore's version.

As i'm now residing in S'pore, i hardly get to eat the Malaysia's version anymore :(

So, to satisfy my cravings, i cooked my own but with lots of extra ingredients, which u won't get from those road side stalls, purely for my own piggishness :P



The colour looks odd hor? But that's the real colour! I never edit or anything like that.

My fried hokkien mee has got prawns, sotong, dried shiitake mushrooms, chye sim, fish cake and sliced pork. No lard though, even though i'd love to add in that too!

Must indulge once a while okay.. :P

Eating this with some sliced cili padi will really send you to another degree of shiok-ness. Ooommpph!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah, your mee is so sumptous, next time no need to buy from outside liao :P

^cherie said...

Hehe.. yeah lo. Most of the time when i do eat out, i usually eat food that i cannot cook. Those i can cook, i'll cook them myself at home. But of course, there'll be exceptions at times esp when i got lazy :P

wenwen said...

I prefer malaysia version. Maybe because I'm a malaysian, used to it already. I found that the Singapore version doesn't taste as strong as Malaysia. The one I always had when I was young looked ''very dark'', guessed the aunty put alot of black soy sauce.

^cherie said...

I'm a Malaysian too!

The S'pore version would be fried prawn mee, which is also very nice in my opinion but they taste and look very different so i can't really compare both of them, unless u're talking about S'poreans who tried to imitate the M'sia's version :)

I love the very dark ones! Sedap!!