Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blu

Hb brought me to Blu last Friday to celebrate my birthday. It was a really really nice place to go if not for the price. I think this by far, is the most expensive meal we ever had in our entire life. Lol. Will be eating grass from now on :P

For the uninitiated, Blu is located at Shangri La Hotel, top floor. From the website :

Luxuriate in elegant BLU with a breathtaking city view against the dreamy night sky, enjoying fine Californian cuisine, premium wines and champagne by the glass and the soulful sounds of live jazz.

I really enjoyed myself tremendously that night.. so romantic. Love the fact that the place is not crowded plus the service is top notch! Excellent i must say. Same goes to food. One of the very very few places i'll give 9.5 out of 10 for food.

Another place with excellent food but gentle on your pocket (er, not exactly gentle lah but it isn't as bad as Blu) would be Ember at Hotel 1929 which also have excellent service. We went there for our Christmas eve dinner last year :D

But if you want to impress someone, Blu is da place to go ;)

Another thing.. do go after 8pm because the live jazz starts then.

We'll definitely go back there again, when we are feeling richer in the future ;)

What i had :

Sapphire Menu

amuse

pan seared brittany scallops

today's risotto

pine nut crusted mulawara lamb
roasted shallot & chive flan, mint pesto

strawberry trifle
mascarpone mousse, almond amaretti cookie

What hb had :

Cobalt Menu

amuse

pan seared rougie foie gras
orange cranberry chutney, ginger toast

lobster bisque

grilled tenderloin of wagyu beef
mustard scented potato purée, aragula and natural jus

vanilla crème brulée
fresh berries, brandy snap tuile

Yums!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow sounds real romantic! U serve it!

Panffy said...

YUM YUM.... sounds really nice place.... guess it's really a nice place to go for special occasion ^^

carolyn said...

Wail! I miss Blu *sob sob*

Isn't that the greatest place? I love the restaurant. So romantic, especially with the jazz singer. Almost danced with F then when he asked me, but I was too shy (to my eternal regret). Haha.

I can't remember if I had the sapphire or cobalt menu, but the items have changed anyway. I think it was the 2nd least expensive one I chose. I think our meal came to about $400 cos we ordered champagne too *gulp*

But great that you had a wonderful time there :)