Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Food entry

Created this recipe myself, strawberry cupcake.. made from strawberries.

Now i know why people don't use strawberries to bake.. because you cant bring the flavour out at all.

Anyway, i was pretty disappointed but nevertheless, it tasted pretty nice with a tiny hint of strawberry.

Whole meal bread. I was so glad that it was successful. I never had luck with breads and buns but thankfully, this time it turned out perfect!

We finished one loaf right after i took it out from oven.. *burp* :P



My physically retarded looking bull's eye cheesecake, baked for my sil's birthday.

What a waste! I think the crack has a lot to do with the dark colour springform tin i used.

However, the taste? Delicious! Will try this again and hopefully, no more cracking!

This is what we have last night.. nasi lemak, Malaysian's style.

The difference between Malaysia's and Singapore's is we use hard boiled egg instead of sunny side up, we don't have fried small fish, we have lotsa peanuts and ikan bilis and we hardly eat them with fried chicken wing. We have them with rendang or chicken curry or sambal sotong instead.

And if you ask me, i'll say, Malaysia's version anytime! Bleah :P

It was my first attempt cooking rice with santan and of course, my first attempt of cooking nasi lemak for dinner. We had it with beef rendang. Yums. Er, do pardon the colour of the photo though. Abit too dark to bring out the nice colour :P


The cookies i have here is Melting Moments or Yoyo by Aussies. They are totally addictive and like what the name suggested, melt in your mouth.

I've gone to heaven and back eating them. Hehe.. Very sinful but it's worth it :D



This Japanese Souffle Cheesecake is different from the sponge cheesecake i baked before this. It is similiar to what we get from Fiesta but my version is not as light, slightly denser and heavier which is purrfect.
Very yummy. Love it!

No comments: