Thursday, September 21, 2006

2.


Just 2 days ago, my mom called to inform me that an aunt's husband had just passed away leaving my aunt and 3 daughters, with the eldest aged 8 and youngest only 3.


How sad can it get? :(

I dare not imagine if hb were to leave me all by myself with 3 (soon) young boys. Seriously, i don't think any normal being would be able to accept it.

What makes it worst is that my uncle passed away due to a doctor's mistake!

People complained heart pain, doctor only examined the liver and kidney and told them it was gastric. After being injected more than 10 times with some medicine, given countless tablets of pain killer and despite his non subside painful condition, doctor still refused to put him to ICU.

In the end, after some 12 hours of very agonising suffering with him hugging my aunt throughout, struggling for life and not able to speak due to the pain, my uncle's life was ended with only 1 word using his last breath, which was "HELP". Heart attack finally killed him.

Sigh. When my mom was telling me all these, i couldn't help but to cry. It's just so sad. I dare not even picture it.

My aunt's condition now is really bad and at the end of the day, she still has to carry on with life and be strong for her daughters. That.. is so damn tough to do.

Life is simply too unpredictable.. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know cherie, i'm so angry whenever i hear patients pass away due to doc's mistakes!! i just hv this thing with doctors for misdiagnosis. what else do they know?? my dad got misdiagnosed some years ago. it was actually piles (haemorrhoids) when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was forced to eat huge amts of anti-biotics. tsk tsk. nowadays doctors all 'jiak sai'. sorry for the strong language. but they're not like in the past where they base everything on their experience. now its mostly machines doing the job. how could they not misdiagnose? but i guess the patients who died will be some sort like "guinea pigs" coz the inexperienced doctors will use them as a stepping stone in learning..afterall they hv to start somewhere :(

^cherie said...

Yeah, tell me about it. Sigh.

Gosh, sorry to hear about your dad. Cant imagine the doc can actually misdiagnose piles with prostate cancer! Luckily you guys found out about it yeah.

That is why it's very important to seek for more than 1 opinion these days. Cant just rely on 1 doctor when it comes to stuff like these.