Thursday, September 28, 2006

Banana cake


I've never been so embarrassed before.


Just when i promised a gf, Livia, a banana cake for her birthday treat, my cake had to turn out to become a disaster.

How 'malu' is that eh?

But, thick skin me *yes, again* carried on with the plan and gave my gf the cake which has texture like kueh, dense and heavy but nevertheless, the banana cake taste was there and she loves it. Hehe.

Later, after giving much thought to it, i came to 2 possibilities why the cake became like that. It is either greedy me put in too much banana or my baking powder has expired.

Still feeling unsatisfied due to my failure, i was determined to bake the banana cake again. This time, i bought a new bottle of baking powder and as for the banana, old habit dies hard. I still like to put a little more banana than what the recipe calls for.

This is what i got :D


Light and fluffy and very banana-ish texture

Made a whole lot of it. Shuoze did the choc chip and the nut topping :P


So i guess the baking powder was the guilty one aye?

Last but not least, a picture of my gfs and i at Marmalade Pantry for Livia's early birthday celebration.

Nice food especially for the mains ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you girls definitely had fun!!

ummmm....does expired baking soda affect anything else besides the texture??

^cherie said...

You bet.. :)

Not baking soda dear, it's baking powder that was expired. Without baking powder, the whole cake wouldn't rise, so yeah, i guess it affects the texture only.

Hope i'm right.. ain't no expert :P

Anonymous said...

oops. baking powder. hehehe. i worse, no baking skills. keeping ur advice in mind then.