Thursday, September 21, 2006

3.


My dad got admitted to the hospital today due to abnormally high blood pressure, high level of diabetes and minor stroke.

It wasn't planned this way.

My eldest sister was supposed to bring him for full body medical check up only because she noticed that dad has a couple of stroke symptoms already and suddenly, she was informed by the doctor that dad must be admitted at that very moment. They didn't even allow him to walk after that. Sis has to push him to the critical condition ward using a wheel chair.

A wheel chair!

After much discussion, it was decided that there isn't any need for me to travel back. The rest of my siblings will be there except my second sister who is in Taiwan. Plus, with my current state, it gives more reason not a must to travel back and hopefully there wouldn't be any need for me to travel back till many years more to come except for joyful occassions.

Sigh.

Hopefully dad will be in a much better health after today and for the rest of the yearssssss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh cherie, i hope your dad recovers soon *hugs*

my hubby's got high blood pressure too, and i heard starfruit and celery's good, so i give them to him regularly. tho' i'm not sure if the pressure really does go down.

Panffy said...

Don't worry sweetie... your dad will be fine.. cheer up yup ^^

Unknown said...

Sherie,

Best wishes to you dad. Hope he gets well very soon.

^cherie said...

Thank you ladies for your well wishes.. Called home today and my dad will be discharged tomorrow :D

Evan, thanks for your tips. I've heard about it too and my mom has been making her personalised concoction out of it for him ;)