Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mom's the best!


If i can only pick one person out of so many to cook for me for the rest of my life, i would pick my mother :)

To me, she's the best cook there is. Whatever she cooks, it always turns out fantastic. What's more is that she doesn't stint on ingredients nor toppings like i do (most of the time actually especially when it's only us who are eating). Plus she makes sure her food all look presentable and nicely garnish (with parsley, spring onion etc) even though it's only for her own family.

Sometimes or rather most times, she even chooses her toppings and ingredients based on their colour so that her dishes will look pretty!

Power right? Lol. So much effort put in you know...

I did ask her this question once sometime back -> Ma, why do you always wanna 'dress up' your dishes when it's only us who are eating?

Her answer?

So that it will look more appealing and appetizing and most importantly, it makes her happy..

Guess i gotta learn a thing or two aye? Heh.

Last week when i was back, she cooked one of my favourites which is lao shu fen, my mommy's style :)


As usual, mothers and their vegetables. See how much vege she gave me? *faint* :P

Again, i asked her why were there so many kind of fishballs when they literally taste the same?!?!?

Normal fishball, then the fishball with brown skin and sliced fish cake!

Answer from the mother : I like loh.. *me smack forehead*

I could really sluuurrrrppp this up! So 'slippery'!

Oh god... posting this makes me drool and crave big time..

I want my mommy now!!

Lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the most generous portion (ingredients) i've seen on this dish!

^cherie said...

Grin. Yeah lo.. so full of toppings that u cant even see the noodles at the bottom! :P