Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Nasi lemak, again..


I love eating good nasi lemak.

Being brought up in Malaysia, i'd taken nasi lemak for granted. All along i thought nasi lemak was supposed to be like that but i realised i was wrong after i came to Singapore (ooppsss.. hope i'm not offending anyone by saying this).

Most of the nasi lemak served in hawkers and food court here are not very nice. [aiyoh, i think Singaporeans will start hating me now! Die]

But of course, there are exceptional ones which are extremely good..

For example, the ones that i frequent are Changi Village's, Adam Rd food court's, Tanjong Pagar's and sometimes, Bukit Batok's..

Nevertheless, if possible, i like making my own ;)

With chicken curry or beef rendang.

Sedap!


My super healthy, eat all i want yet guilt free chicken curry :P

Why healthy?

I use skinless and fatless chicken + fresh milk instead of coconut milk, which explains why you can hardly see the 'pleasing to eyes' red colour layer of oil on top.



Again, newspaper as table mat! Paiseh ah! *hide*

Super easy dinner i must say because the chili and ikan bilis are store bought. All i gotta do is cook the rice and curry. Of course, the eggs as well :)

Oh, if you love eating chili with rice, you must try this Singlong sambal chili, as seen in the picture above. It's really really good. Extremely spicy too!!

Now i eat more rice because of that! Eesshh.. Lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

me also don't like singapore nasi lemak unless it's frm the malay stalls.

i love it simple. a slice of omelette, ikan bilis and sambal. and the nasi of course. must be lemak!!! i love it this style. singapore ones are too fancy!

^cherie said...

Yeah yeah.. i find that most of the nasi lemak served here, the nasi is not fragrant enough..except for the good stalls.

I love the smell of the nasi cooking in the rice cooker.. pandan leaves and the coconut milk. Fwoahh.. can drool ah!

Anonymous said...

i love it for the the rice and the chicken wing. oh my.. i keep dreaming of the fried crispy wings.

i think i don't do full justice to the nasi lemak as i don't take chilli and i hear that sauce is very important :)

that curry is making me hungry - at 10.27am!

Panffy said...

Yumm... when am I going to eat your yummilicious curry again my dear!!!! I crave, I year, I demand!! Lol....

^cherie said...

pink..lol, take mild curry then. Curry and sambal are a must! ;)

liv : whenever u want!! *wink*