Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gold Bar anyone?


When i was a little free the other day, i baked myself an orange and lemon cake.

My first reaction after i unmould them was 'woww.. it looks like a gold bar!' and it really does i tell you.


Couldn't get the colour right! Me want new cam cam! >.<

This is really my kind of cake.

I will never ever get bored with it at all. I can even eat the whole loaf! It's my absolutely favourite.. butter cakes. What's more, orange and tangy lemon flavour...

Simply heaven.

When i had my first bite right after it came out from the oven, i really thought i could fly. It was very very good.

Indescribable is the word.



And then i thought 'why not make this my Chinese New Year bake project?'.

I'll call it Gold Bar!

Pretty auspicious for the festive season give-aways don't you think so?

So i talked to a 1-2 close confidantes and they were like, good idea! But the problem is where do i start? How to find customers?

Advertising in the forum is a no no because forums don't allow it.

My blog isn't a food blog. It's a personal junk blog actually. Lol. Hence, i never wanna advertise it at all. In fact, i don't even leave any link to my blog in the comments i have made in floogers, gfs, anons' blogs.

BUT.

That doesn't mean i don't welcome you the readers hor. In fact, i am already feeling slightly weird and abit conscious knowing there are as many as 100 readers [okay, i don't really keep track but it's roughly there :P ] per day reading my blog but hardly any comments!

In case you do not know, i enjoy reading comments quite a lot. Grin. They keep me going :P



Anyway, back to my CNY sale.

So, what do you think?

Should i go ahead?

Will you buy?

I actually baked 2 loaves very recently as a present to sil. I tied them with bright red ribbons and they looked pretty awesome. The peeps went 'whoa'. Grin. Too bad i didn't manage to take any photos as i was rushing out for the salon opening ceremony, an unofficial one.

The feedback i got was very encouraging hence, me wondering about it.

So yeah, will you buy for your own consumption? Will you buy to give away to family and relatives?

And if i do sell, i would be selling for $16.80 - auspicious number! :P

It's a 9" x 4" loaf cake by the way, made with top ingredients eg ; lurpark/president butter, huge fresh eggs from Lim Chu Kang (definitely pricier than NTUC's) and most importantly, made with lots of love too. Heeeeeeeeehehhe :D

Will appreciate all comments. Do leave one please!

Ari-gato!

p.s : sil's new salon is located near Katong Mall, just a few shops away. If you like to try out new good stylist, do give them a try! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd buy! the only problem for you will be coordinating pick-up and delivery!

^cherie said...

Thankieeeee :)

Don't think that would be a problem for you coz i go near your place almost every Sat. Can meet u there girl ;)

And delivery to 1 destination FOC if you place an order of 8 [auspicious number again! heh] cakes and above - for buyers who wanna give away to friends, family and relatives :D