Friday, November 24, 2006

Braces-less me!


That's right, no more braces for me. Yippee!!

I can't stop staring at my own teeth after the braces was off. Grin. I love the new look of my teeth, totally. Haha.. Unfortunately, not all is well though. My gum has been infected, swollen at certain parts because i couldn't floss for the past few months (the permanent retainer is on) and also the gum is extra senstive due to the pregnancy.

But since the braces is out now, i can jolly floss again. Hope the swell will go off really soon. They are really ugly to look at. Not only that, they bleed profusely when flossed. Really icky!

My next 'project'?

Teeth whitening! :P (okie, hope hb doesn't read this else sure kena liao, my never ending to-do-list lol)

Don't know why my teeth is so yellow even though i don't smoke. I don't even drink coffee you know.. Weird.

Will be getting my retainers next week, on top of the permanent retainers which are already fixed at the back of my upper and lower front teeth for the past months ( which will be for 2 years).

Ma fan hor? :P

But it's worth it. Hahahaha :D

Anyway, something funny took place on Wednesday, the day my braces was out. We were at mil's house and about to go IMM when i untied my hair to simply run through them with my fingers when this conversation took place between my 4 years old boy and i..

Sz : Wah mommy, ni hao mei ya.. (when my hair was down)
Me : Shi ma? Xie xie ni (with me smiling of course)

After that, when i was gonna tie my hair..

Sz : No mommy, don't tie your hair. Not pretty like that. You look prettier with your hair down.
Me : Huh? Don't want. Mommy will be very hot with the hair down. Warm weather today.
Sz : Please mommy please. Don't tie your hair. Putting them at the side very nice.

Mil came out to the lift area to join us. After listening to our conversation which was continuously battled on the tie hair issue with the son insisting that i let go my hair, mil simply shook her head and said, aihh.. your son has certainly grown up..

Lol.

Obviously, i won the battle in the end because it was my hair afterall. The son gave up on me :P

*The conversation was in Mandarin, not English.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherie, yay, braces off! So now you must be even more like a 'glam* mum' to your two buys and the soon-to-be-born little one *wink wink*

*glam-mum - glamorous mum

^cherie said...

Lol Angie.. nolah of course not! Far far from it. Tell you yeah, i'm more of a huang-lian-po than glam mum anytime. Keke..

Huang lian po = auntie

celest said...

hahaha.. your boy is so sweet! well, kids usually tell the truth, so you should be real flattered you're the first "mei nu" (pretty woman) of his life ;) congrats on your braceless teeth, now you can proudly flash your smile anytime!

^cherie said...

Hee.. thanks Celest :)

I'm not the only mei nu though, he has 2 others as well.. my youngest sister and Kathleen from Hi5 show. Lol. He adores them!