Friday, November 03, 2006

Orange chiffon cake


I have totally forgotten how heavenly chiffon cake tastes like, homemade ones that is..


It's been 2.5years since i first and last bake one and itchy backside me decided to make one few days ago after seeing the poor tube pan being kept at one corner in the cabinet for the longest time.

Orange chiffon cake

One of my biggest reason for not baking one is because chiffon cake doesn't quite leave much impression to me. Now then i realised it was because all this while, i've been eating the ones from the bakery which i don't quite find appealing at all. Somehow the cakes from bakeries without fail will leave an after taste in my mouth which i can't quite figure what it is.

But guess what?

My mindset has definitely changed after i baked this. I totally love the cotton-like texture, the lightness of it and not to mention, the smell of the freshly grated orange skin and juice. Simply heaven.

It took me a lot of effort and will power not to finish the whole cake you know! Lol. Because it's so soft and light, i went on eating slice after slice without realising that i had actually eaten half the cake at one go *hide* :P

My next chiffon cake?

Pandan chiffon cake and that will be next week for sure.

I can't wait! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your chiffon cake looks lovely sherie :) for me, i can never get it right. coz its so tricky to manage the egg whites. i tried a few times and my cake always ended up dense and heavy!

Unknown said...

Sherie, i like chiffon cakes too, coz can eat and eat without feeling 'je lat', like eating air LOLz :p

^cherie said...

Evan : thanks! Don't give up ya.. Given your kung fu, i'm sure the next round would be a success ;)

Angie : i know exactly what u mean lol. Actually hor, for most cakes, i can eat alot without feeling je lat.. I'm a cake monster!