Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hakka cheen loong pao


I love love this bun :D



Hakka cheen loong pao with red bean paste


Too bad it can only be found in Malaysia. Have not seen it in Singapore before. Everytime when i go back home to visit or something, my dearest mom will automatically buy this for my breakfast for she knows i can eat it everyday without feeling 'jelat'.

So when i saw a KC member, Yochana posting a picture of this, i knew i must have the recipe. This bun, from its name already suggested that it is being pan fried, not baked. Pretty easy i'd say.

But somehow, the ones my mom bought taste better? *boo-hoo* Can't really taste the bread texture for the ones i baked plus it was slightly too soft for my liking.

Also, i didn't like the shortening used in the recipe. Next time when i make this again, i'll try substituting shortening with butter instead. But my little boys love it to bits. They had one each right after i pan fried it and even requested for more after that, which.. was very rare ;)

p.s: See the greedy faces in the picture? They simply couldn't wait! Lol. Already tried my best to crop them out actually :P

No comments: