Thursday, November 09, 2006

Was supposed to be a pressie


Yupyupyup, it was supposed to be a birthday pressie to a little boy, my bestie's son to be exact for his 4th birthday.


Unfortunately, after i have made the cake which was a day before the celebration, the plan was cancelled due to certain circumstances. So there wasn't any need for decoration anymore.

Tiramisu

Dissected cake and an eager to eat boy


This is my second attempt making tiramisu. During this time, i put in extra effort and time to make sure it comes out beautifully, especially on the side of the cake. Also, bought a baseless square tin pan, cake board and cake box just for this occassion. Oh well... :(

But on the brighter side, we get to eat the whole cake! :D

I made a couple of modification to the recipe based on my first cake testing to suit kiddies' tastebuds better and mine too. I added more Baileys and cut down on rum.

The result?

The best tiramisu you can get in town! *thick skin me*

For me, that is.. :P

p.s: photos were taken on the 3rd day after the cake was made which was not so ideal due to the soggy bits. Was too preoccupied to eat the cake on the second day you see..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherie, your tiramisu don't look soggy at all, anymore left har? :p

Anonymous said...

gosh, thats one neat tiramisu you have sherie. think i must make one too :p

Anonymous said...

oooh. it definitely looks good. and i'm sure it's totally comparable to the good ones in town. probably better!!!

^cherie said...

Angie : Hehe, next time when i make again, i send you one virtual slice ok? ;)

evan : thanks dear.. but due to my own carelessness, i actually placed the lady fingers in 2 directions! I'm still not really satisfied with its outlook yet :P

Imp : Thank you! :D