Saturday, November 18, 2006

School's out, nightmare's in!


Yesterday was the last day of school this year.

As much as i love my boys to bits, i cannot imagine having them at home 24/7 for the next 6 weeks or so which is my most crucial period for this pregnancy where all the 'real' sufferings set in and rest is needed.

With the elder boy at home in the mornings, i'm very sure my usual peaceful morning with only the younger one will be gone. What's in for me one wonders..

Well, for a start, bickering over little things such as, i wanna eat, you cannot eat, i can go, you cannot go, i can play, you cannot play, mommy.. korkor say this, mommy.. didi say this, this is mine, no.. this is mine etc.. well, you get the idea ya?

Sigh. How to survive?

Hmm.. you know, i think i better sign the boy up for holiday programmes :P

Anyway, like i mentioned, yesterday was the last day of school and as usual, it was party time. This is what i made for Sz's little friends and teachers in school. You know, i'm pretty shocked to see the kind of food that parents usually provide for class party. I never knew Twisties, chips, chocolates and sweets could be counted as 'food' especially for breakfast.

Ahem, not that my cupcakes are any healthier though but still.. i think it's better than Twisties anytime!

Worst come to worst if they are working parents, buy hotdog buns lah..

YES, i'm pretty particular over the food my children eat especially these days, the number of people getting cancer or what organ failure seems to be on the rise due to the food we consume. Very scary.

Ok ok.. enough of my complaining :P

My very first attempt on cupcakes with frosting...


Moist chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting


Must pardon my ugly frosting ya.. the nozzle used really not suitable. Too small..


Bad natural lighting . Was already half past six then.


This one was for testing only, to see how the design turns out and also for hb's breakfast the very next day.

So what do i think of cupcakes with frosting?

I never thought i'll like them, really. With all the cream and stuff, especially buttercream! So fattening.. but, guess what?

I love it!

I even made it a point to pipe more frosting next time.. lol. The frosting isn't too sweet like what many complained whenever they have their cupcake outside, in fact, i think it goes really well when eaten with the cake. I managed to shock myself by walloping 5 of them at one go! Felt really guilty for the rest of the day lol.

My only consolation to myself is, pregnant ah.. nevermind. Grin. But no more next time definitely, i hope :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherie, looks like you've also jumped onto the frosted cupcakes bandwagon :p. They look very pretty.

Anonymous said...

ooh. i think signing your boys up for 1 or 2 holiday courses won't be a bad idea. it might also occupy them usefully!!! and u can have some quiet time... it's almost 2 whole months....

bossacafez said...

your cucpakes are very very beautiful sherie!! it just doesnt look like a 1st attempt to me. what are the toppings? are they marshmallow? they go so well with the cupcakes =)

wow, so will there be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt? i think you do much better than many people!

^cherie said...

Angie : Hehe thanks.. i really never thought i'll ever eat cupcakes with frosting, let alone make them. But guess i'm a convert now aye? :P

imp: yeah that's what i thought too! At least, the boy can learn something new during the hol instead of being holed up at home :)

evan : Thank you. U are definitely flattering me but i prefer your cupcakes anytime! I hardly pipe to decorate :P

Yupyup, the toppings are marshmallows. Had them for quite sometime so, decided to use them for the cupcakes before they expire.

2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt? Lol. Not for the time being i think. Perhaps after delivering? :D