Monday, November 27, 2006

The sweetest boy


When one has children, a lot of memorable events / moments will bound to happen. They come and go as often as everyday. Sometimes, it's just a silly little moments which put a smile across our faces for a while and sometimes, it'll be something worth remembering for the rest of our lives.

Last night, my elder son did something which i think it's worth remembering for the rest of my life. Especially when he is all grown up, i will be able to look back and go awww... Which is why i'm gonna blog about it, so that i won't forget :)

For the past 1 month, Sz insists on sleeping with me every night without fail. First it was didi, then him. Sz sleeps next to me and didi will be on the floor. Then later, didi agreed to sleep with the daddy in the kiddies' room for the past 1-2 weeks. So that has been our sleeping arrangement currently, didi with daddy and Sz with me.

However, yesterday happened to be one of the nights when didi wanna join us (Sz and i) as well. But not on the floor though, he wants our bed. Imagine, 3 of us squeezed together on a queen size bed, together with some unimaginable number of pillows, bolsters, soft toys and blankets. The space i had was almost the size of half arm length only!

After 10 minutes of being stucked in a non-movable position, i sat up and sighed loudly. Sz saw and this is what took place..

Sz : Mommy, are you ok? Not feeling well? Do you want me to get your medicine?
Me : No, no.. i'm fine. It's just that now didi is also sleeping with us, i've got hardly any space to sleep and that makes me uncomfortable. Nearly fell down just now as well..
Sz : Ohh.. hmm.. why don't you sleep here at my place? (he has half the bed where else, didi and i share the other half)
Me : (shocked) Huh? Really? Then what about yourself? Where are you gonna sleep?
Sz : I'll sleep on the floor then, at where didi was supposed to sleep
Me : (more shocked) Serious? You're gonna sleep on the floor?
Sz : Yeah, seriously. Come, sleep at my place (he started moving his 5 treasures* to the mattress on the floor on the other side of the bed which is my side)

The cat got my tongue for a few seconds. Didn't know how to react to the boy's action. I was simply too touched. Never had i thought that he would be so 'wei da' to give up his sleeping space for me. When he was came over to my side of the bed to put his treasures, i just hugged him tightly and praised him for being such a good boy with a thank you as well..

Later on when i was comfortably sleeping on his place, a couple of tears rolled down unconsciously when i thought of what had just took place..

Seriously, i never thought someone so young could love me that much. It's been quite many times lately when the things he does and says melt my heart. Felt so guilty for telling him that i didn't wanna sleep with him earlier on and he actually cried. Aiyoh.. i'm such a meanie! Sigh.

You know, i honestly think that the person who loves me most in this whole wide world is my 4 years old son.. I think hb's love also cannot match with his. For now that is :P

Hopefully he'll still love me that much when he is all grown up as well :)

p.s: if all my boys are like that, i don't mind having another half a dozen more! The sufferings are worth it. Lol.. Just kidding! 3 is enough *wink*

treasures* = 2 huge pillows, 1 bolster, blanket and his baby (an elephant soft toy)


5 comments:

imp said...

for one so young, he's so so sweet!!!!

Sammy said...

Aw, tt's so sweet. Don't worry, I'm sure he will grow up just fine and love u just as much :)

^cherie said...

Grin. So sweet right? Never thought he would suggest such a thing *thick skin me* :P

Yeah, hope he'll love just as much when he grows up or more! Lol.

Anonymous said...

I think Sz would be a very good boyfriend and husband someday. People always say look for a man who treats his mom like a queen, because that's the way he's going to treat his wife. too bad Sz is unavailable now! damn.
(kidding)...he's so sweet just like his mom :)

Yasmeen

^cherie said...

Lol.. i think so too u know! That's y quite worried.. afraid that once he has a gf/wife, then i'll be put aside :(