Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bun bun buns..


Yes, i'm still obsessed with the whole bread/bun thing. It is an obsession that has got no ending. I love bread, buns of any kind. But if i can only pick one, it's European bread for me.

For the rest of the family, they like the normal asian bread/buns. I guess a wife , a mother gotta to do what she got to do..

Sacrifice *ahem*.

Till today, the only attempt i did on bread and buns are all Asian ones. Because that's what the boys eat, the big boy and the small boys.

Last week was a good week for me. When i went visiting to a new friend's house, i got myself a very good bread recipe.

I didn't ask of course, knowing the friend uses the recipe to sell her very famous black pepper chicken buns daily. But the very nice friend gave them to me voluntarily. She was so enthusiastic about the whole thing. Honestly, i have n.e.v.e.r met anyone who can be this excited when it comes to giving an almost stranger a recipe she uses for her own business.

I am very touched and grateful.

Equipped with the friend's recipe, i tried making some buns that i anyhow create using whatever i can find at home.

This is what i came up with :P



Ham and cheese with cheddar cheese filling. Yes, i really anyhow hor...

But at that time, i wanted to finish off the cheddar cheese, so i went ahead to use it as filling too, which i must say, wasn't too bad after all.



I know the cheese on top looks really funny. That was because i couldn't grate the cheese at all. The helper actually froze the cheese after i used it the last time which she shouldn't. So when i tried grating it after that, the cheese broke into many many lumps, big big lumps and small small lumps.

That was the main reason why i wanted to use up the cheese actually. Because i know if i didn't, i won't wanna keep it anymore :)



This bread by far, has the best texture i ever did.

I love it. So did the very fussy hb.

For once, the husband never said that the bun is too heavy. And all of us felt the same way too. We fancied the buns so much so that all of us, including the little boys, finished the whole tray of buns in 1 morning!

I made 9 buns that day.

Each adult had 2, and the children had 1 each + 1 test bun which we tried straight from the oven.

Thank you very much Kak Siti :) [if you are reading this ]

p.s : i know i still haven't mastered the art of bread/bun making yet.. so, please don't laugh yeah!

3 comments:

bossacafez said...

hey sherie babe, nice to see yr comment at my blog. its been a looooong time u dropped by :p how's life? these buns look delicious and i can smell the aroma from a thousand miles heh. i've always loved savory buns like these instead of sweet ones with coconut or tausar *bleah*

say, you're not selling yr bakes anymore? why? you're so talented i think u shd! everything u bake look so divine.

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Those buns loooooks good !
So thick the ingredients.
I love hot, melted cheese.

What brand of cheese do U normally use?

^cherie said...

evan : Hi hi! I do check out your blog dear.. How can i not, with so many gorgeous pics? *wink*

Ahh.. my talent is nothing compare to yours. So i better just let the talented ones sell while i watch. Grin. Okie okie, seriously, with 3 young boys, selling my bakes isn't so wise after all. I prefer baking on my own pace and for our own consumption. It's much more fun, stress free.. :P

paw paw : Oooooo.. i love hot melted cheese too! Thick thick ones.. yums~

For this one, i use cheddar Kraft if i'm not wrong. I must double check that again for u k? :)