Friday, October 12, 2007

Curry noodles


As i flipped through my collection of hawker food cookbooks, i cannot help but drool at almost every single picture that i saw. But i can only pick one recipe to cook for the day.

So i picked this, to replace our usual rice and dishes dinner.


Curry noodles.

It's not your everyday laksa that you see in the food court/ hawker in Singapore. This, is a Malaysian version. Malaysian version is quite different. It is like eating chicken curry with noodles. In it, it has got bean sprouts, tau pok and of course chicken. You can add cockles too if you like.


Yes, the newspaper again! Hehe..


This is my first time attempting the recipe in the book. Without knowing how reliable the book is, i prepared myself for the worst.

But it turned out much better than i have expected, thankfully. Even the helper commented that the standard of the curry noodles i cooked is on par with what she have had outside. She enjoyed it very very much despite having a huge ulcer in the mouth. I am pleased. Extremely.

For myself, i lurvee it. It was really good, to me that is. For the husband, perhaps he isn't used to eating the Malaysian style laksa, he was not sold.

As i was slurping the noodles down, i secretly planned to cook this for my parents when they come visiting.. I am sure they'll be very proud of me. Haha :P

Due to the fact that this was our dinner, i have no choice but the to take the photos at night, in between me-just-finished-cooking and me-cant-wait-to-eat-it short break. The photos turned out a bit yellowish and dull than its real colour. So not appetizing.

See what i mean about the camera and its sensitivity? :(

Knowing what to expect, i didn't bother putting in any effort for the photo shoot mainly because i cannot wait to eat it! Grin.

3 comments:

imp said...

i'm completely amazed at how efficient you are at home! there're your boys. household chores. then there's your fabulous desserts and food. goodness! how on earth do you manage?? don't tell me the helper okay. i'm sure you did the bulk of everything!

Anonymous said...

I love curry noodles btw but I never knew it was Malaysian laksa. *slurp* Now I feel so hungry!

^cherie said...

imp : aww.. i'm flattered. grin. but really.. it's the efficiency of the good helper! Hehe.. but if you insist, i like advance planning and time management quite a bit ;)

agnes : hehe.. yeah, we've got 2 kind of laka. One is kari laksa [curry noodles] and another type is asam laksa. Both are very good but very different too :)