Thursday, October 25, 2007

A happy day :)


I was a very very happy girl yesterday!

Very very very very happy indeed. Hahahahha...

It has been quite some time since i last splurge for myself.. as far as i remember, ever since i was pregnant, i never buy things in huge amount [read : $$] anymore. After i gave birth, i did buy abit here and there but those were all online purchase. Hence, doesn't count hor :P

Yesterday i went shopping with mil, aiming to buy only 2 items, a pair of black shoes for the boy and a tub of night cream for myself.

However, in the end, i ended up with these!


See my gorgeous make up box on the left? *beam* :P

Grin.

Scary yeah?

Don't ask me why but according to mil, she thinks i bought them because it was very worth it. Haha.. mil knows me pretty well. She knows i do not anyhow spend or buy unnecessary things like her. She knows i'm very careful with my money or rather, hb's money.

So yesterday was truly an eye opener for her! [according to mil herself] Never had she seen me spend so much for the past 7 years. Not at 1 go definitely. After that, she reasoned it out herself, saying i must have thought it was really worth spending since i really bought them all after all :)

Honestly, i am not so sure myself :P

Note : the amount i spent yesterday may be peanuts to most of you! but to me, it's quite a sum okie... since the husband only earns a meagre pay.

Initially, i wanted to buy just my night cream. Then i saw the make up set which i have been eyeing for quite sometime through an ad in the paper, which i could get for only $98 because i'm eligible for it.

The make up set is available at $98 for any purchase over $100.

And then, i saw this bag.


It was love at first sight! I heart the material. If i'm not wrong, it's suede. Very nice!

However, i can only get it if i make another purchase of $200 and above. The night cream cannot be included because i am using that for the make up set already.

After browsing for a while, i decided to go ahead with another $200+ purchase because i saw 2 items which i have been wanting for the longest time. The SA further convinced me how good they are, this and that.. and most importantly, i really should start using it before it's too late, she said. Hehehe.. oh well, vanity and beauty.. it does come with a price, doesn't it?

Furthermore, my 26 years old sil has been warning me recently that the husband has been mistaken as her 'didi'! (younger brother) My soon to be 34 years old, 1.81m tall husband who has very prominent lines [in another word, wrinkles] like the railway track at the end of his eyes whenever he smiles as sil's didi?! *faint* She went on to tell me that i should really really take care and maintain my face so that i won't age faster than the husband.

With that thought in my head, how can i not buy the other 2 items?! Kekekeke.. :PppPP

Together, i bought 3 items + $98 make up set. The rests are free :)


My new make up set :)



Up close and open..


I (heart) the casing. Quite glam, no? :)

Ahh.. and then, one of the main reason why i bought the make up set.. 4 brushes which i desperately need!



But i am not sure how good they are since i am a make up idiot. A complete idiot. Trust me. And i am not proud of it. Bleah.

And oh... on top of the free bag i got for my $200 purchase, these 7 pcs of free gift was also in my reasoning on why i should buy the 2 other items :D


A small gold make up pouch just for the brushes on the back ground, together with the 7 pcs free gift

U say lah, how to not buy?!?!?!

I was so thrilled last night that i couldn't fall asleep till 1am. After that, i actually slept with a smile. So very silly, i know!

My very first real make up purchase that exceeded $60 *hide*. Got a feeling that i will not be buying anymore make up for the next 3 years at least - not joking! [yes girls - u know who u are! i know i am pathetic! I simply cannot justify the exorbitant price of those make up stuff. I can never be a make up junkie ah! When i am really in need, i'll just to one of your houses oki? :P]

As for now, the boys and i will go on a grass and water diet for the next 1 month due to my extra spending.

Sigh.

10 comments:

bossacafez said...

oh WOW! these look really gorgeous. i got excited just by looking at them coz im a makeup junkie myself :p :p but i've never bought any expensive makeup like these. its always loreal n all for me, with my most expensive being body shop! the only estee lauder i use is their pleasures & white linen perfume. are the makeup & skin care really good? what skin type do u hv sherie? mine's very oily :(

so how much did u spend in total? $500? was so blur after reading yr post. LOL.

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Wow!!!!!
Indeed worth the $$$ spent for so many freebies.
*envy*
I like EL too!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while and you're such a talented person in baking. =D

Btw, I've tagged you for a meme and hopefully you've not done it yet. =)

Anonymous said...

Nice buys! I love all the colours in your makeup set. If I dont already have soo much excess, I would definitely buy this too. I think its very worth it lah especially since it comes with brushes. You know brushes are very ex. so yups...good buy good buy.. :)

carolyn said...

Ooohhhh! So pretty! Very good deal indeed! And the EL brush set is VERY VERY GOOD! MY first brush set (also 4 pcs) is from EL back in 1998 or early 1999.

I am still using the blusher brush. The quality is good. So far, only 3-5 strands had dropped out and that only happened in 2005 or 2006. You will love it. It is my HG blusher brush, despite my so many other brush sets now from Stila, P&J, MAC and Cat Cosmetics. Haha.

Anonymous said...

I would say, your loots are really worth it!
Paint your face and show us your FOTD, ok? :-)

Anonymous said...

hey i bought that whole $98 makeup kit too, very worthwhile hor? hahahaa... with my nice estee's pleasures. :D
xoxo sushi

^cherie said...

evan : lol.. i am still excited over it.

"are the makeup & skin care really good?" - I'm definitely not the person u should ask bcoz i'm quite an idiot in stuff like this. Grin. But so far, i like EL's eye shadow (maybe bcoz i've not really tried others - i tried EL coz it came free with my skincare purchase :P) and skincare wise, i like them quite a bit. Suits me skin, which is a combination skin. Ehy not u pop over to their counter one of these days to get some samples? ;)

Heheeeee.. i spent $460 in total.. Shh! The hb doesn't know yet.

paw paw : Go down to the nearest EL counter asap! *tempting u* :P

bernice : thank u for your kind words.. hehe. I'm flattered. Sure, i'll do it in the next entry :)

agnes and caro : yeah yeah! i know how ex the brushes are, esp good ones. That's why when i saw this one has 4, i die die also must get. I've got one BB blusher brush which costs me around $50+ iirc.. *faint*

carol, thanks for the info. Now i definitely has got no regrets ah! Lol.

Yo : er.. cannot lah. My skill cannot make it. Really!! No joke :(

sushi : u bet! *wink*

carolyn said...

Guess what? I got tempted and went to buy the set too in the states! Hahahaha. But likely passing over the lip stuff to my mom. But I am keeping the brushes and mascara!

^cherie said...

Hee.. u notti notti girl!