Thursday, October 18, 2007

The husband and the mom


Over the weekend, i brought all these home for the husband.

Not from me of course, but from the husband's mom - my mil [mother in law]. And i'm not even a teeny weeny bit of jealous i assure you. In fact, i was pleased. I like it when pil dote on their son :P


some clothings, hb's favourite snacks, some self-grind cordyceps in tablet form + cell protection supplement

Mil is a little more expressive. She dotes on her only son whenever she can.

Buy him this, but him that. Cook him this, cook him that. Sometimes, when i say something about her son, she would no doubt defend him too, especially whenever i complained that the boring son always wanna eat porridge almost every weeekend.. Lol.

But when i think of it, if i do have a son like the husband, i would also dote on him ah!

I still remember what happened on my birthday eve this year.

I had a date with the gfs in town. Hb was supposed to send me there and have his facial nearby at 7.30pm. It was already 7.10pm when we were about to leave in law's place when suddenly, mil asked if we could drop her off at the nearest bus stop [she was going for a meeting at Jurong West, at the very West].

At that very moment she asked, i knew what will happen, knowing the husband so well.
Obviously the husband wouldn't drop mil off at the bus stop and let her take bus to her destination! Hb will definitely send her there.

Sidetrack : I am one who dislike being late. I like being punctual.


Before hb said anything, he put his left hand on my right thigh and squeezed lightly. Kinda like getting me ready for what he would say next. I knew what he was gonna say and i was spot on because i was contemplating on doing that too..

Because the place mil was going was pretty far and if i were to tag along, i will surely be at least half an hour late, so hb turned to me and suggested that i take a cab instead. He will drop me at the nearest bus stop. As for his appointment, it doesn't matter anymore.

Imagine how my face changes colour then. Haha. Volunteering it myself is one thing and asked to do it is another different thing. But then, i was really expecting it so.. it wasn't so much of a 'heart attack'. But as all of us know, 7pm is peak hour time. Getting a cab from the road side is as good as getting a cab near midnight hence i told hb that i will to tag along afterall.

Throughout the journey, i couldn't even manage to say a word. I don't trust my own voice. I dare not even look at mil too. I am one who cannot mask my own true feeling. I do not know how to no matter how hard i try. My face is me. My face expression cannot lie and i know it.

All i could do to ease my anger and frustration was to sms the gf :P

What's more is that halfway there, mil actually asked hb to pick her friend! *smack forehead*

Anyway, after we dropped mil and her friend off, i couldn't bring myself to speak to the husband anymore even though i know that what he did what the right thing to do. But i was too angry about the whole situation and me being 35 mins late. So i calmly told the husband to leave me alone for the time being until i feel better which i did after i met up with the girls. When hb picked me up again, i was talking to him as though nothing had happened before and i can tell hb was pleased.

The thing is i was extremely angry then. Angry for what happened. But i wasn't angry with the husband [okie, maybe a little because he did place me at no.2 afterall! grr.. :P] nor mil. If hb is the kind who would really drop off his mother at the nearest bus stop, i don't think i would marry him in the first place. Seriously.[btw, that was how hb won me over in the first place after an almost failed courtship, by being so very nice to my mom.. conman donkey!]

And i also happened to know that mil was truly happy that day for what had happened and i am glad. When i relate the story to my own mother, my mom was sighing.. say this is the kind of son that is worth giving birth to. Grin. So, how can mil not dote on her this only son aye? :)

2 comments:

Yokie said...

Cherie,

I married to the same kind of man too.... as a wife sometime you feel like asking your husband who do you marry to??? Anyway, I am used to it for the past 16 years...all we need is patient lah..maybe our sons will be like their father..

regards
Yokie

^cherie said...

Dear yokie,

Hehhehe.. can understand your feeling *huggies* but for us, most of the time, i am the close one to mil. So i do everything for her instead of hb.

Only once in a while that such incident like the one i wrote happened :)

Yeah man, i sure hope the boys will take after their father in this sense! Lol..