Monday, March 20, 2006

Dinner

.
I cooked this last night for dinner. My very first attempt cooking pasta which its sauce is not tomato based. Was really craving for it after seeing tons of similiar pics on Eat magazine last week. So, decided to cook it myself instead of eating out with hb. Save $$$. We're forever broke. Ugh.. :P

Anyway, the pasta is tossed in this special oil based sauce which i made (copied from a Taiwanese variety food show on TV) which really gave the whole thing oommpphh!

First, fry the prawn heads in olive oil. Usually i would throw the heads away after but not this time. I learnt that we could actually squeeze the heads after it has cooled down for the ultimate juice. Mix the ultimate juice with the olive oil used just now. The oil is now ready to be added into spaghetti for tossing :)


Friday's dinner : stir fry lady's finger, egg omelette with prawns, chili squid and beef rendang


I loveeeeeeeeeeeee spicy food. Crave for it every now and then.

6 comments:

carolyn said...

Your Friday nite dinner looks so yummy. I love okra and the beef rendang. I just can't cook Chinese/Malay dishes.

Panffy said...

I want you rendaaaaannnggg... yum, thought of ur chicken curry suddenly lol.... bleah, drolling already! How to squeeze the prawn head juice??? How do you cook it first? Lol...

Mindy said...

U U U forever making me drool!!! I wanna eat the food u cook (that second pix) Quick quick prepare a nice nice meal and invite me over (thicked skin)....LOL

^cherie said...

*grin* Come come. All come my place one day and i'll cook up a storm ok? :P

^cherie said...

liv, just cooked that last night lol -> chicken curry.

Panffy said...

Bleahhhh you are too much!!! Make me drool all the time... think 2 weeks before my trip, Im going to go ur place n learn cooking... hohohoho, a way to his heart is through his tummy... by the end of 2 weeks, he will be under my mercy wth my superb cooking ( I wish lol)
I must I must learn the curry, since he claims he is super duper good wth his Thai curry... I cannot lose Sherie, helllppp!!!