Sunday, January 08, 2006

Straits Kitchen


Had our dinner at Straits Kitchen, Grand Hyatt Hotel last night.


http://restaurants.singapore.hyatt.com/straits/straits_intro.html

Food was not too bad especially the Indian cuisine. I love Indian food, or rather, any spicy food will do :P But if were to compare between Indian and Malay cuisine last night, i prefered the Indian cuisine definitely. Their tandoori chicken is to die-for, together with the minty dip. So tender and fragrant while their tandoori prawn was equally good plus they were HUGE! Besides chicken and prawn, i had mutton, fish, vege and their naan. Too bad their naan was not piping hot else it would be perfect! I didn't even touch the Chinese cuisine coz it looked like my everyday meal. So not worth wasting my stomach space on them. Hee hee..

For dessert, there were local kueh-muehs, popiah, ice kachang, ice cream, cakes and hot / cold desserts. I had 3 scoops of ice cream (mango, coconut and sesame seed), mango pudding, egg tart and the Indonesian lapis cake. All in all, the dinner was delicious!


I was so full that i looked as though i was 5 months pregnant!
I'm dead serious, no joke. Lol. However, if you were to ask me whether i'll go back there again, i'll say no, unless i have lotsa $$$ to spare. I would say, for the amount we paid which was $89 for 2, we could get better food elsewhere anytime. This is decidedly a one-off for me. Reason why hb brought me there was because he had gone there last month for some work conference without me, so he thought it would be nice to bring me there to see what he was talking about especially his non-stop raves on the Indian cuisine


Review from an article in the newspaper :
Straits Kitchen, which serves local delights, has a breathtaking design concept, and the food's not bad too. Pity about the price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all those food that you mentioned....i haven't had them for years! envy u! grrrrrrrrrr....

Yasmeen

^cherie said...

Darn, i should have taken photos to max the effect! Haha.. just joking girl. Seriously, if u were to come for a visit, i'll take u there! My treat ;)