Monday, May 28, 2007

Steamed tapioca kueh


I believe this is the first time i've ever done a traditional kueh.

Was never motivated to do it because of the ingredients involved : fresh from market ingredients.

For this steamed tapioca kueh, i'll need fresh tapioca (grounded). For that, i'll need to go to a specific wet market to get it but i'm too lazy :P


My steamed tapioca kueh

But mil was so nice!

After i told her that i was keen to do this for a foodie gathering last Sat, she volunteered to get the tapioca for me even when it'd mean taking a bus to the wet market to get it. How to not love her aye? *wink*


A close up shot


Okay, i know the colour was supposed to be yellow but because of the pandan flavouring used, it became green instead. Looks like ondeh ondeh isn't it? Heh.

If you love Bengawan Solo's steamed tapioca kueh, you'll love this more because it tastes more real, especially the freshly steamed grated coconut.

Full of flavour and so juicy!

Like what my maid who polished almost the whole thing said, sedap-nyaaaaaaaa.. :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HEy Sherie, your kueh looks very good, really drool-inducing sia. BTW, which wet market are you refering to? I've always wanted to know where to get fresh grated tapioca.

Thanks in advance :)

^cherie said...

Hi Angie. Thanks! :D

The wet market mentioned is the Jurong West wet market. Think it's pretty far for you yeah?

Unknown said...

Wah, JE market? Ya lor, a bit far for me. Never mind, guess if I really want to use grated tapioca, I'll have to DIY then. Wait till I really get the 'motivation' 1st, hee...

^cherie said...

Grin. Usually big wet markets will have them, according to my mil. U can try Tiong Bahru's? I like the market there, not to mention their hawker! :P