Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cherry cream cheese pound cake


When i first saw this cake's picture in the recipe book, i knew i had to bake it.

I simply love pound cakes, any kind. But this is better!

Because it contains cream cheese too. All the more wonderful and sinful. I heart the combination! One look at the cake texture, i was sold.



As described in the book :

A velvet-textured plain cake with the subtle tang of cream cheese and a fragrant almond undernote and little bursts of tart cherry throughout. This is a pound cake that is bound to garner some attention and rightly so.

How right.

The texture was fantastic. The taste was even better. The little cherries soaked in rum were the highlight definitely.

In another word, perfect!



However, i feel that the dried cherry could be substituted with something not so expensive. I bought the cherry at $6.50 a packet. To me, it didn't taste anymore different than the normal raisins i've used.

The next time i bake this, i will gladly substitute the $6.50 cherry with perhaps, the $3.50 cranberries to make our breakfast more economical :P

And seriously, i really did put on 1kg because of this cake (i weighed at my gym 2 days after!). I ate so much of it! Was stuffed for the rest of the day and the next..

So irresistible it was that i couldn't help but to down 1 big slice just half an hour before my yoga class. We (who practise yoga) are advised to have very light
meal 3 hours before class. Imagine how bad it was for me!

On a happier note, i managed to do full head stand on my own yesterday, no help whatsoever! My very first attempt s
ummore after a try with teacher's help. Yippee! Was feeling extra brave yesterday. Usually, i just do with teacher's help and that's it. Didn't even wanna try it on my own after that :P

Full head stand


But er, *ahem* i did mine against the wall lah, not so power yet to do it without the wall. To do without the wall, i still need the teacher's help to go up. Not so gutsy to try doing it on my own yet but soon.. :)

No comments: