Sunday, July 01, 2007

Chiffons


Due to some countless number of egg whites which i've accumulated over the weeks, out came 2 chiffon cakes in 1 day, simply because 1 isn't enough for us :P

My first - Angel Food Cake

It was 3 years ago when i first tried this. I didn't like it. I remembered it was too sweet for my liking.

However, i kinda forgotten how it tastes like already so here i am, baking it away even though i know i might not like them again despite the fact that i've cut down the sugar to almost half of what was required!

It was still sweet..



But it's not just the sweetness that turns me off, the very bland taste was also another factor. It's as though u are eating candy floss but in cake texture.

When hb first saw it, hb thought it was bread. Couldn't blame him aye? It does look like bread indeed!

The white is so white, so unlike cakes. Angel food cake does not contain egg yolks at all.

My second - Lemon Chiffon Cake


Ahhh.. this is something i really couldn't resist not eating at least 3 slices!

So light and so good to eat plus you won't feel guilty too - i didn't! Think it's because of the light as air texture, makes you feel as though it's not fattening at all! Heh.

I heart chiffon cakes but only homemade ones! I dislike the bakeries' for it has that funny taste/feeling after eating.



Heh.. holes in my cake!

Hmmm.. did i bang my cake tin? *forehead wrinkled*

No comments: