Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chocolate fudge cake


Hb is pregnant!

Requested for chocolate cake from me for at least 3 times! If that's not pregnant, i dunno what that is. Heh.

Been wanting to try this particular recipe for the longest time. So, no more procrastination and here it is...

For myself and hb, but mostly myself :PppPP



Yep.. it was mostly for myself even though it was hb who requested it because i. i wanted to try the recipe ii. i wanted to try out newly received Hello Kitty stencil iii. i also wanted to eat chocolate cake. There, mostly for myself right? :D

I made an 8" cake for this actually. Due to my own carelessness, i didn't manage to get my big stencil print on the cake and that wasn't all. I messed it up too! However, i was pretty determined to get the cake posted on my blog, hence out born these little cakes, cut using my medium size cookie cutter, mainly to make use of my small stencils on the clean cake part which i can blog about. Ha!

So how did the cake taste?

Fudgy enough to satisfy all of our chocolate cake cravings!

It was really good.. except for the organic wholemeal flour i used. Didn't like the smell. Luckily, the smell was barely there the next day. Next time round, i'll make sure i use the normal wholemeal flour definitely!

And also, you know what?

It's rather unbelievable actually but this cake is oil/butter free!

Amazing yeah?

So it's fatless and uses wholemeal flour instead of plain flour. Those who are on diet would love this! Even those who aren't, they will also love it actually. It's really that good.

And seriously, no need for chocolate glaze / ganache on top. It's chocolate-ed enough!

Wanna buy?

Email me!

Selling at $18 - only no frills version available. Self collection.

p.s: using Val Rhona 55% cacao

No comments: