Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mixed berries and orange mascarpone cake


This, even though it doesn't have the million dollar look, is a very and extremely delicious piece of cake.

Perhaps because i loveee heavy cakes, so this is my calling. What's more, it's orange + almond meal cake! My fav.. :)


This wasn't the original recipe though. Did a few alterations, mainly because blackberries are too expensive to buy and because this is my first attempt, so not sure if the cake is worth 'investing' for. I ended up substituting the blackberries with mixed berries that i still have ; raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.

As the name suggested, it's mascarpone again but how can i say no to it? Mascarpone and thickened cream.. WOoooooooo :P~

And the blackish part between the bottom layer of the cake and the cream is blueberry jam + liquer.

All together, they make awesome combination! I must say, it was really worth the money and calories! *wink*

3 comments:

Joy-n-Happiness said...

You want to move to bishan and be my neighbour?? pretty please please please please???? then I can have yummy cakes and desserts every now and then... like that time in Glenn... a few doors away,, visit each other kind.... want ??? want???

^cherie said...

I also wish leh! But we no $$$ unlike you all worr.. how? U sponsor the condo lah.. then i sure move over! No lorry to move, i carry all, walk and move over also no problem.. OK? DEAL? Hehehe..

Joy-n-Happiness said...

Dun say till like that lah.... I where got money. Drowning in debt ah. How to sponsor condo. haiz!