Monday, August 13, 2007

Men..


I've been reading her blog for more than a year already. Got to know about it through another gf's blog. Love her creativity and her talent, totally.

Her pictures really say a thousand words, with a couple of words here and there and voila! You will know what she's trying to convey plus her drawings are soooooooooooo cutesy and adorable! :P

She (her drawings) was my inspiration when i did my gf's wedding slide show in May last year. Grin. I know i know.. i promised to upload it to my blog but i dunno how! *hide*

I tried using slide.com but goodness, it was sooooo slow! After more than an hour working on it, i gave up. So yeah.. i enjoy her blog tremendously :)

Then a couple of days ago, i came across this entry of hers. Interesting. Very true too (applicable to most of the relationships but not ALL). And then..

Me, the butt itchy wife decided to test the husband with it. LOL ^.^

Even though i KNOW what is in for me if i do. After knowing hb for 8 years, how can i not know right?

So, on 1 fateful Friday night, which was 2 nights ago when we were hanging out at Borders during supper time..

me : pa (yes, i call him THAT :P) , u know i saw this blogger's entry the other day, so cute leh! She drew .. (the drawings were explained). Now now, i wanna eat donuts from Donuts Factory tomorrow okay? Can you buy for me?
hb : wah.. look at this book! Web design for Stoopidss (Dummies).. U should get it.
me : oi. Talking to u ah!
hb : wah.. another web design book. Wanna buy? Then you can design your own webbie.
me : Duwan.. i want donuts!
hb : i'm working tomorrow..
me : after that lor
hb : after that going home
me : after going home lor
hb : not free lah
me : cheh..

Da di da.. exactly what i've expected. Honestly, i wasn't upset at all. Because that was expected. I wasn't even disappointed too. Not even a teeny weeny bit.

Then yesterday's morning after our brunch, hb brought me to Suntec to get some stuff. We parted our ways usual upon reaching.. until we are both done then meet up again to go home.

As we were going back, hb pointed out to the Carrefour's donuts which has 0 people q-ing, turning to me and asked -

hb: u want donuts right? I go get for you. How many do you want?'
me : duwan. I duwan Carrefour's donuts. Already tried 2 weeks back. Not nice. I want Donuts Factory's donuts only
(we continued on walking.. to the car park, which is just below)
hb : seriously, i don't understand what's the craze about. It's not that fantastic also. Why like it that much? Furthermore, q for so long just for something that is not so nice? (hb's not a fan of donuts)
(was reaching the car soon)
me : the point now is q-ing for me, buying it for me and not thinking so much into it because it's for me, not....

Before i could finish my sentence, i spotted this on my seat, the passenger seat.



Grin.

Yeah, the cat got my tongue.

I was like..
OH MY GOD! (said this out loud) Hb bought it!! For me!!!!

Hahahaa.. :D

I was so so so shocked. Really so so so so so shocked. I have never expected it at all. Not in this life of mine. And not even in my dream for Pete's sakes, knowing the very impatient husband well enough :P

It was a pleasant surprise. The surprise is as good as giving me a Tiffany's 1-carat diamond ring. Grin. So some brownie points he scores he did. I'm very sure hb was pretty glad/happy himself too.. heh, for seeing that priceless expression on my face :PppP


Turned out that hb bought 2 boxes, 6 in each. Wah.. bliss!

Hb didn't know what topping is nice and totally clueless on my favs too, so to play safe, it's all chocolates and nuts

When we reached home, i ate like there is no tomorrow! Lol.

I know i wont q for them myself, no matter how bad i crave them. The first time i had them was when they just opened, during the first week. No qs and of course, the media + peeps haven't discovered it yet... That, was my first time.

Then the second time which was also my last time was last month, during a relative's party. They bought in bulk, almost. So, i had like 4-5 at 1 go!

And till today, this is my 3rd time eating them. That's why i chosed to eat like there's no tomorrow because i know it'd be my very last time. Hahaha.. (the diet WILL wait). I doubt hb will buy it again for me and i wont buy them myself too, unless there isn't any q.. which is highly unlikely.

So hmm.. yeah, after 8 years of marriage, there will still be surprises. But it happens only once in a blue moon. (i know what hb will say about this sentence! If i didn't write this part, he's gonna come home and tell me that it needs to happen only once in a blue moon! Else no special already if happens every other day.. )

Men.. o.<

Note to the husband :

for this sentence -> The surprise is as good as giving me a Tiffany's 1-carat diamond ring doesn't mean that i will always accept the donuts in replace for diamond ring hor! The sentence is only applicable for 1 time use ONLY.. :Pp

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. lovely surprise from your hubby!!! I also want the donut but dun want to queue :(
I like the cheeky note haha

imp said...

see. that's sweet!!! hahah. i'm not a fan of donuts. but i'll see what i can find to replace it!!!!

celest said...

wow! lucky you! your hubby's sooo sweet!! i would be so touched if some guy does it for me lol. how long did he have to queue?

i saw the donut factory at suntec too - vs the miserable carrefour "0-queue" donuts. haha.... such a contrast. i haven't had the chance to try donut factory too, no patience to queue. so really worth the queue?

funny how you think the donuts thrill you more than a gift from tiffany. but i agree - it's definitely the thought & gesture more than the gift that counts! so sweet....

^cherie said...

Yo : yeah.. i also duwan to q! Super long.. like snake *faint*. Haha.. the cheeky note is a must! Else hb will think he can do away my Tiffany's ring in the future :P

imp : heeehe.. i also dunno y i like donuts so much!

celest : grin, i was sure touched. I'm sure you'll be able to find one soon *wink*. I think hb q-ed for roughly 15-20 mins which was pretty fast i think. I was like no wonder he didn't call/sms me even though i was in La Senza for more than half an hour!

Heee.. when i re-think about the comparison i made last night, i think the donuts might have scored a little more than the ring. More efforts needed. For tiffany, as long as got money sure can already. Very easy. But donuts, really gotta q which hb hates :)

And i like the way he surprised me, by placing them in the car first. Haha..

I'd say, it'll worth to q if u are a HUGE fan of donuts + u have lotsa free time, but if u are so so, then it's not..

carolyn said...

Wow! I can imagine your speechlessness when you saw the donuts in the car :p Always the sweetest thing when someone dear does something totally unexpected :D

^cherie said...

Carolyn, yeah.. that i must agree. When there isn't any expection, the joy could actually doubled! :P

Joy-n-Happiness said...

ahahahahahah... so funny, I can actually imagine the two of you having that conversation. The way he answer is just so him... ahhahaha..

I so understand what you trying to say about doing things simply because its for us. You must be truly over joyed at the outcome. So sweet, so romantic...... Shall go tell my ben...maybe show him this blog of yours....... give some hints to him,.. hahaha...

^cherie said...

Hahaha.. no lah. He very kayu + extremely lazy one lah.. i'm sure your small ben better *wink*

Joy-n-Happiness said...

ah... where got better or not? Both Ben different lah.

Eh, your ben actually very romantic and alot of tricks up his sleeves one hor... pretend to be kayu only.

See this case prooves it... pretend to be kayu, then .... surprise you big time.