Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Berry-ugly-misu


My bestie's ugly cake.. *hide*

Berrymisu

But i'm so lucky that bestie loves it! *phew*

This cake is from the kitchen disaster's entry which i did last week.

When bestie first saw it, she squealed in delight, saying that i lied to her.. what ugly and all?!?! But but, it is not that nice, if you look hard at it. The sides and all.. sigh. I already tried my very best to smoothen it and did lotsa 'patchwork' too, patching the holes here and there.. oh well.

If only i had a 7" springform tin!


How it looks inside, pic taken at bestie's place. Everything was done in a rush- slicing and photographing. Too bad no visible blueberries in the cream for this slice together with the strawberries and raspberries else it would be so much prettier!

Nevermind.. the most important thing is that the birthday girl loves it :D

Berrymisu : similar to tiramisu but instead of using lady's sponge fingers, it uses sponge cakes. In between the cakes, there is cream cheese + cream with alcohol and a generous amount of mixed berries - raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. The sponge cakes are also brushed with alcoholic sugar syrup for more zing..

Then bestie, an Indon Chinese also took the opportunity to talk me into collaborating with her to open up a dessert shop cum coffee place in a garden setting. Actually, she has telling me about it for sometime already but i'm pretty hesitant. Not because i don't wanna work together with bestie, don't get me wrong here.. in fact, i think she's the most fantastic person i could think of to work with. She's soft, extremely creative, very nice and she's willing to listen and give in. Not those die-die must follow my way kind.

I'm hesitant because of the commitments. The long hours and the efforts. If i'm single, i'd say bring it on, man.. but now with 3 + 1 extra baggages, it's rather hard. I can't bear not seeing and be with the boys for that long. Moreover, i really enjoy what i am doing now too. Grin.

Plus, i don't think i'm not that good yet.. if we do open one, it would really feel home-made instead of poshy posh. Lol.. Me no standard yet ah, in my opinion :P

So, what is there for me in the future?

I've already thought long and hard about it but that will be in another post, when i'm more 'eng'. Right now, it's baking mini cupcakes for the boys' party tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Panffy said...

Oh my! This looks fantastic... my dear you should really think hard abt opening up a shop wth her really... this is really great!

^cherie said...

Thanks dearie.. i did think hard and very thoroughly already. The decision is still the same.. :P