Monday, November 05, 2007

Driving up north


I drove up North again last weekend, for 3 days 2 nights stay.

It's tiring. My most tiring journey so far i must say.

Because there are 2 newly installed speed cameras! I think most Singaporeans would not have known because the signs are in Malay unless they are informed or a seasoned traveller.

For those who drive up often, the sign is a small rectangular yellow board placed right in the middle of the road divider which says '
Awas Perangkap Had Laju'. There you have it. Keke.. the Malaysian's TP is so gonna hate me now! :P

The 2 mentioned speed cameras are only in the Johor state. After that, no more cameras but there'll be real police though.

There was one incident happened which got me laughing out loud evilly. Lol. I'm mean!!

When i was driving up on Friday, a car opposite flashed at us [other cars and i]. Usually this means police ahead. The few cars and i slowed down of course. Then, suddenly a Z4 zoomed passed us from behind, my guess is he was going at 160km/h at least and even tailgate a poor car right ahead of me so close so that i frowned though it wasn't me that he tailgated.

Right after the poor car changed his lane, the Z4 of course revved up and on the go again. But guess what happened after that?

In less than 5 seconds, i saw the Z4 being pulled over by a police car. Hahaa.. The last thing i saw was the police officer walking over to the driver who happened to be a young male driver. Hehehehe... I tell you, the look on the driver's face was priceless. I burst out laughing so loud and evilly that my helper who was sleeping woke up asking what'd happened.

Seriously, serve him right!!

But but.. i do do the same too, speeding. However, i don't tailgate until that close lah you know. So very dangerous. I bet yeah, other drivers do laugh at me too whenever i got stopped by police for speeding. Grin :P

Oh well.. but i was really good during this trip up. Honest.

That is why i said the trip was tiring because i normally do a 140km/h at least. The length of this journey is almost the same time i take to travel back to KL. I was that slow *yawn*.

Plus i have to i- keep an eye on the road, ii- check the rear and side mirror every 3-5 seconds when i'm on the fast lane over taking to see if there's a mad driver who tailgates me in that few seconds [it happened really, in just 2-3 seconds.. it was like now you don't see it, now you see it, in a mere few seconds. They are that fast!], iii- keep track of my speed - 110km/h throughout [don't want my effort of not speeding to go wasted just in case i got caught for that few seconds of unconscious speeding] iv- keep a look out for cars opposite who are kind enough to flash to warn and v- entertaining the boys too!

Tired ah.. but i think for now, i'll keep to 110km/h. Damn those cameras but but they are good for peeps like me :P

Oh, because i was good, i also managed to siam another road block yesterday on the way home.. Hehehe. U say lah, the cameras good or not? ^.^

If not for them, i would be RM100 or more poorer!

No comments: