Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lemon yoghurt cake with blueberry


Whenever there is an opportunity, the family will ask me for my bakes. Very 'fan' you know! [hint to the no-automatic sisters, HINT!] :P

Initially the greedy sisters and mother wanted 3 different type of cakes! But because of my tight schedule nearing the weekend, i could only squeezed in one. Hehe...

And i picked lemon yoghurt cake which i had done once earlier.



Reason being is that i needed to clear my yoghurt and lemon.. Lol.

And of course, they are truly delicious despite on their plain look when not dressed up. Plus, my younger sister in law has been requesting this cake for sometime already ever since she last tried it. So frustrated she is until she wanted to 'order' from me :P

In total, i baked about 3 dozens of them.

Gave a few to boy2's teachers, some for testing, some for sil and the rest, my greedy family :)

Because i didn't have enough yoghurt (short of half a cup), i substituted it with 1 cup whipping cream + another cup of milk. I remember quite clearly that the last batch could have used another cup of milk for a perfect texture, hence my adaption for this time round.

I was half accurate.

When the cakes were fresh out of the oven, it tasted so heavenly. Moist, soft and just right for everything!

However, after being contained in the container for 1 day, the cakes became a tad too moist for my liking. Now i know what to do for my next time round.

If yoghurt isn't enough : 1/2 cup whipping cream + 1 cup milk.
If yoghurt is enough : 1 cup of milk.

But i tell you hor, no one else noticed the extra moistness in the cake leh! I was the only one... they were nicely chomping the cupcakes away till no more left.. oh, left 1 actually :P

No comments: