Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wild!


FINALLY!!

I finally ate 'the' burger from Wild Rocket.

Met up with a gf for lunch on Deepavali to get some stuff from her and i die die also must drag the gf for lunch at Wild Rocket with me because she is almost the only one i know who love and will eat such a huge burger..

And she's skinny!! *pout*

We both ordered the set lunch instead of ala carte because obviously, it's more worth it ;)

Our starter..


Pan seared tuna with wild rocket

Both my companion and i agree that having only wild rocket is abit too much to take. Too bitter!! It'll be good if they had added other leaves as well, eg ; baby spinach etc!

I finished my tuna but not the leaves.

Nothing to shout about for this starter but me like the sambal on top on the tuna though :)

Then, 'the' burger!

It looked too awesome to just post only 1 photo! So 3 it is.. just for the burger :P


No fries... instead, we got this papadam? Cute. See the juice? A bit bloody.

Abit closer...

And up close and drool!

And of course, dessert.

Vanilla ice cream with black sesame.


The burger was pretty good. Juicy!

Before i could take my first bite, the juice came oozing out out of nowhere just because i grabbed the burger a little. Heh.

The juice that came out was slightly bloody but surprisingly, when i finally gotten my first bite, the pattie was just pink and no blood at all! I had mine done at medium and my gf had hers medium rare, which wasn't bloody as well.

THAT means, the next time i go again, i'll definitely get mine done at medium rare because i like it more juicy and tender!

And i like the yellowish sauce too! *lick lips*

However, i personally something is amiss when i was savouring the burger. I wonder if it's because of the lack of flavour in it? Or merely because i wasn't eating the burger in whole, as in.. not able to sink my teeth into it in its towering form due to the environment. Too embarrass to do so!

I bet if i were to do that, i'll definitely get lotsa unwanted attention / stares for opening my mouth THAT big. Grin.

Initially for my dessert, i wanted to try their famous kueh bahlu tiramisu by just paying an extra few dollars more. Then we saw the waitress carried the ice cream with black sesame to the next table and we were sold!

The black sesame with vanilla ice cream looks too good to pass. We immediately changed our initial order :P

And true to its look, the dessert didn't fail us one bit.

I tell ya, the thick thick black sesame paste was to die for and when combined with the vanilla ice cream, whoa.... totally wicked!!

I polished off every single bit for my 3 course meal except the wild rocket [for the starter] whilst the gf, didn't... now we know why the thin ones always stay thin and the thin-wanting-to-be-ones will just stay wanting-to-be!

Heh.

Besides food, i like the location of the restaurant as well. Though secluded, i like it. I like the fact that it is so close to nature and it's on a hill. Right opposite the Hangout Hotel is the National Nature Park. Because of that, it's quiet and very peaceful. It somehow reminds me of where hb and i used to go for our nightly walk back in Melbourne more than half a decade ago.. A walk that we never fail to go at around 1-2am even when it was freezing!

I like.

p.s : T, sorry for the late entry. Couldn't find the camera till today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very nice burger! now i want one too! but burgers MUST come with fries :p

cough.. who was caught on camera? (the pic of the dessert or is desert)

^cherie said...

IS dessert. Not to me lah of course. But to many men out there. LOL.