Friday, November 09, 2007

One tray dinner


One of the simplest dinner one can prepare..

No skills needed, not much washing, definitely easy but nevertheless yummy. A sure hit with both young [my 3 angels] and old [the husband of course!] :D

Why one tray dinner?

Because... i really did chuck everything in into that one baking tray!


Grilled chicken

And some asparagus, potatoes and lastly...


the highlight of the day.. and also the main reason this dinner was cooked ->



Portobello mushrooms!

It was my first time buying portobello mushrooms and grilling it at home.

To be honest, i'm not a huge fan of mushrooms. I can live without it. I bought because i remember vividly how fond the husband was when we had some grilled shiitake mushroom over the dinner in a Japanese restaurant a couple of months back.

I wanted to whip up something similar.

And i'm pretty damn pleased i did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was just considering cooking some chicken and veg in the oven tomorrow and here I see this post! :D
Care to share how you marinated the chicken? It looks fab.

^cherie said...

Thanks :)

I used soya sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, sesame oil, 2 pinches of 5 spice powder, a pinch of dried parsley flakes. All by agak agak estimation.

Yes, it's very fusion but nice!