Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Malacca


I last went when i was 12 years old with my parents and sisters. The only thing i remembered was the red church, the A Famosa and the
ruined church-looking building on the hill.

Since 1-2 years ago when the boys were a little older, i wanted to bring them there quite badly everytime when i travel pass it on the way to KL. But because i was alone with the boys, i don't quite dare and if we are with the husband, hb isn't keen *kabish*.

So it was a good thing that my younger sister who is currently working at Maersk managed to book her company's holiday house in A'Famosa Resort for 3 days 2 nights last weekend. I finally get to bring the kids to the place i have once been when i was a child!

Additionally, it was with my own family [parents , sisters and nephews]. Double joy! ;)

Some random pics picked out of the hundereds.. Heh.


In front of the red building, with windmill behind us

Do ignore my jacket. I had it on because it was too hot! I can feel my skin burning without it. Malacca is hot... super hot!


The sister who loves beep to bits...

Stairs, stairs, stairs and more stairs! *faint*

I love going out / holiday with my family. They really know how to help me to take care of my boys. When beep first saw them, he cried like nobody's business. But the sisters were pretty adamant on carrying him. So they spent quite some time playing and fooling with him to warm him up a bit.

Before i know it, they were already carrying him! This, is what i really like about my family. They love my children and they show it. They don't give up easily. My sisters will keep on trying and trying till they get him.

And best of all, they will help me to hold their hands when we are out, clean them up when they are dirty, basically, doing things that mothers should do without me asking them to. Going on a holiday with them is almost like going for a holiday myself sans kids!

Simply fantabulous! Grin. [yeah, lazy mommy here!]


Heh. The sister who can't keep her mouth to herself! :P

On our second day, my eldest sister and family joined us but by the time she got to Malacca, it was already supper time!

Then on our last day, we went to the Safari in the resort. Eldest sister got us all a discounted ticket at half the usual price through contacts and it was her treat! Yay.. :D


Heffalump and us :)

The place where we had our lunch in town was pretty cool! Check out the pic below.

I had chicken rice balls and the rest had the normal rice because they have already tried the balls before. Unfortunately, the rice balls are nothing to shout about.

Basically, they are shaped into balls that's all. Because of how they are made, the rice is pretty hard. Me no like. Give me the normal fluffy rice anytime!




There are also a spiral staircase and a place where u can rent the King's costume and take photographs for a fee in the restaurant. And oh, there was an antique trishaw in it too.

After our lunch at Jongker St, we walked over to a shop opposite which sells excellent chendol and ice kachang. Another adorable antique shop...


So cute hor.. ;)


The boys and my nephews and their play station *shakes head* Boys!!

And the sisters?

Guess what were they doing? ^.^



Kidnapped my beep!

They brought him to the room for a molesting session! Hehehehee.... It was only when beep started to protest then i got to know about it :)

Too bad the trip was just a 3d2n thingie.. aihs. We had so much fun!

I love love love love my sisters and family. They truly rock! My sisters are not only my sisters. They are my confidante, best friends and activity partners. Too bad my 2nd sis wasn't able to join us this time round. She is residing in Taipei. Too far to come! :(

Sometimes i wonder how life would be without my many many sisters.... i simply cannot imagine if i only had 1 brother. Scary!

4 comments:

PENNY said...

hey,u guys really enjoyed without thinking of me ...pitty me alone here in Taiwan without eat and sleep for number of days and lose nearly 5 kgs.... hehehe...

^cherie said...

Hahahah.. sure or not :P

imp said...

hahahah! and for me, i can't imagine life with so many siblings. i'd positively hate it!

^cherie said...

Heh :P