Monday, November 19, 2007

Lasik-ed


I'm up and about again, well.. almost :)

Thank you for all the well wishes.. they made me very happy :P

The minor surgery said is actually lasik. I finally went for it after a year of procrastination! Now i'm specs free *yay!!*

It feels great waking up having a perfect 6/6 vision everyday.

No need to go look for my specs in an almost a blind state anymore. No need to keep asking my helper to look for my specs when i can't find it myself. No need to ask the husband for help to look for my specs when my helper can't manage to locate it. No need to ask the boys for help to look for my specs when the husband can't find it either. Now i can spare everyone the agony already. Grin.

And most importantly, no more looking like ah soh at home ;)

The only downside i have for the time being is halos and glares at night which means, i have difficulty driving at night. When i do, it seems like all the cars are having their high beams on!

Terrible.

However, the doc said i will get better as days pass. Halos and glares are worst for me than for others because, according to the doc.. i have bigger pupils than others [mine's 8mm]. If you have the normal size pupils, it won't be as bad.

Anyway, the whole surgery was s.c.a.r.y. albeit short. Actually, make that very scary. I had so much difficulty to concentrate as instructed. I think it was the calming pill that i took. I just wanna die in there.

And don't even get me started on after surgery condition. I had it bad. I had ALL the side effects which is not common. I couldn't open my eyes and when i finally could, i cannot keep it open for more than 3 seconds. I kept tearing. Then i cried, occassionally. It was painful. I felt as though there was chili in my eyes. It stings! Sunglass wasn't enough for me. The glare was really bad. I had to cover my whole head with my jacket, like a bandit, even in the building. I was very giddy.

I really didn't see all these coming.

Because the last time the husband had his lasik done 2 years ago, we actually went shopping at Orchard after that! The husband didn't have what i had. My sister in law who had her surgery done half an hour after me didn't have what i had as well. We actually planned to go for a nice lunch after the surgery but because of me.. we had drive thru McD and i didn't even eat my burger till i woke up in the late evening.

I wonder if it has got anything to do with my pupils' size.

But i tell ya, the doc is really good and nice. I totally recommend him.

And hor, i don't even have astigmatism now. How cool is that? ^.^

4 comments:

imp said...

wooohooo! good to know that! protect your eyes properly k?

^cherie said...

Yes madam~!

p.s : read about your flu yday.. u take care yeah!

Anonymous said...

hi cherie
take good care ok? just wanna tell u i made your volcanoes last week & it was a hit! Tks for sharing the recipe.

rgds

^cherie said...

U're welcome Xan :)