Monday, February 27, 2006

Man & Wife


I love yesterday's New Paper. It featured some real life love story of some very top politicians in Singapore.


With all the depressing news on divorce, adultery, abuse etc these days, the news on page 4 and 7 was really a good read. It really makes me happy by just reading it. At least, now i know the vow 'In sickness and in health.. till death do us part' really mean something for some couples.


As i was reading it, i couldn't help but to tear. It was so touching. Things that these hubbies would do for their wives especially former President Wee Kim Wee are truly an eye opener for me. *sigh* I cant help but to wonder if my husband would ever feel and do the same for me, or the very least, stay true and love me for the rest of my life?

With all the KTVs, very affordable road side girls, internet, collegues and friends tempting our other half, you really cannot, absolutely cannot help but wonder, y'know. But i must also highlight this, that i have absolute faith in my hb after all our ups and downs. And the wondering part, just a teeny weeny part lah. Which woman has never had such thought before right, no matter how good their hb is.

Before we went to bed last night, i told my hb this -> How i wished he was a politician, not with the opposition party of course but with PAP. He asked me why. I told him because if he was one, he will have an image to keep up for as long as he lives and that way, he has no choice but to stay true to me, one and only and no one else. These politicians are indeed someone we need to trust and look up to. They can never afford to have their image or lives ruined or tarnished because of an affair or divorce or 3rd party right? (the opposition party not counted hoh-> the sexy photo maid saga)

And my hb's reaction? Laugh! *kabish*

There's another part which i love too. It's about how the women stood behind their husbands quietly and courageously, fanned their spirits, nursed their egos, be their pillar of strength and love them unreservedly. I wish i am like that too. I know i will try to be one *blush* lol.

I do not need many words from hb. The ultimate one i would love to hear is " I cant live without you".


I usually dislike quoting others but this, is absolutely an exception. Extracted from the same article, quote by Mr Seng (i have no idea who he is) ..


"There's no doubt that behind every successful man, there's a successful woman. But i want to add : Behind every man who fails, there are two women."


Genius! All men should take note of this.

The article for page 4 : http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,102669,00.html?

The article for page 7 : http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,102680,00.html?

Thank you. Thank you for making me believe that till death do us part and happy ever after do exist afterall.

No comments: