Sunday, February 12, 2006

My new shoes




My new shoes from URS. Bought them yesterday at Marina Square when i saw the sign "50% discount". The original price was $66.90 and i thought, whoa.. 50% off would means only $33.45! I dashed into the store and asked for my size to try on. Ahh.. lovely!

I have always wanted a pair of flats like this but the price always puts me off and the fact that i don't wear flats at all most of the time unless i go overseas for holiday. I prefer to go out wearing heels even if it's a mere 1.5" inch.

So i thought this is indeed a very good time for me to get the shoes. Afterall, it's 50% off! And oh, it has got 0.5" inch heel unlike the norm ones which are pretty flat *bleh*

As i was getting ready to pay..

SA : $66.90 please.

Me: H-U-H? Not on 50% discount?

SA : No miss. This pair no discount. The discounted ones are where the sign is and not the whole shelf. If this is on 50%, the sizes would have flewn off shelves long ago. Real leather doesn't go as low as 50%, miss.


I was dumbfounded. Smile. Thought for 5 seconds - how misleading.. should i? Should i? Should i? before she added this -> "But it is really comfortable isn't it? And this kinda shoes, you only need a pair to last you for life. So it is really a good buy".

I got won over. Haha.. Aihh, my shopping ban! *boo-hoo*


And the excuses i have for myself are..

1. i am gonna get preggy soon, so this pair of flats will come in handy since heels would be out


2. we've been riding hb's bike out very often lately whenever we go for dating so again, this pair of flats is really a good buy since i don't wear heels when i ride on bikes. Still not used to it


3. my 2yo hands-me-down slip ons from sil is pretty worn out already

Seems like i'm really trying very hard to convince and comfort myself aye? Cant help it coz by far, this is my most expensive pair of shoes i have ever gotten!

No comments: